More Ambitions?

InsidiousMage

Emperor
Since there are a couple of devs who post here, I was wondering if there are plans to add more ambitions to the game because I find that I tend to get the same ones over and over, which makes the game less engaging. It feels like every other game I play I'm having to unlock Martial Code and Cohorts because one of my families wants it.

It might be more an indication of similar play style each game leading to similar events/ambitions. To answer your question, there is no immediate plans, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. :)

It might be more an indication of similar play style each game leading to similar events/ambitions.
Yeah, I always choose a military related family in each game, hence the MC/Cohorts ambition but I've been trying to shake things up. I finally had a game where the Trader family actually had great cities, and more than one!, and I've been trying to do things differently but I still never go for the Clerics family and always avoid the Seleucids as Greece so I guess there is more room for variety in my end.

Not necessarily on topic of ambitions but I've also noticed some events repeating quite often. Might be due to play style as Dale says but I think perhaps it would be a good idea to keep track of what events fired last and reduce the probability of them reoccurring. (I'd suggest to do this even across multiple single-player games). It would increase variety.

If specific events seem to be happening too often, please mention which ones! We have so many that some are surely in need of adjustment.

Reactions: JtW
perhaps it would be a good idea to keep track of what events fired last and reduce the probability of them reoccurring. (I'd suggest to do this even across multiple single-player games). It would increase variety.
I'd like this too in places where probability matters. We all know accumulation patterns (and player's fear of being punished ... hence just as option; because some like random randomness).

If specific events seem to be happening too often, please mention which ones! We have so many that some are surely in need of adjustment.
The first that comes to mind is the one where upon a ruler’s death, their successor immediately wants to get rid of any favors.

The first that comes to mind is the one where upon a ruler’s death, their successor immediately wants to get rid of any favors.
Can you actual use favors for anything with foreign rulers in the game? I always take the option to get a favor because I know it will turn into gold down the line but I've never seen another use for them so having that event trigger when a ruler dies seems fine if that is the only use for a favor.

Can you actual use favors for anything with foreign rulers in the game? I always take the option to get a favor because I know it will turn into gold down the line but I've never seen another use for them so having that event trigger when a ruler dies seems fine if that is the only use for a favor.
They provide an opinion boost while active and that’s it

Ah, events like the favor on death are intended to trigger every time to support the favor mechanic. And no, it's not just an opinion boost - there are some events where favors matter, perhaps the most important is one where the nation is about to declare war against you but you can avoid the war because of the favor.

Ah, events like the favor on death are intended to trigger every time to support the favor mechanic. And no, it's not just an opinion boost - there are some events where favors matter, perhaps the most important is one where the nation is about to declare war against you but you can avoid the war because of the favor.
In that case, it would be nice to have different versions of the event, eg, the new ruler declares the favor has nothing to do with him,or they simply acknowledge it without further options, etc.

Top Bottom