More City-States Luxuries

mrc2022

Capitão Rolinho

This mod adds more resources to Mercantile City States yet I want to extend this ability into other City States. Gods & Kings expansion is required
This work is based on sukritact's More Mercantile and has been changed to be compatible with Barathor's More Luxuries.
Special thanks to sukritact and Barathor​

v 3
Spoiler :

Added
  • Champagne (+2 :c5gold: Gold)
  • Chocolate (+2 :c5gold: Gold)
  • Cheese (+1 :c5gold: Gold, +1 :c5food: Food)
  • Olive Oil (+1 :c5gold: Gold, +1 :c5food: Food)
  • Statues (+1 :c5gold: Gold, +1 :c5culture: Culture)
Updated
  • Jewelry (was +2 :c5gold: Gold, now is +1 :c5gold: Gold, +1 :c5culture: Culture)
  • Porcelain (was +2 :c5gold: Gold, now is +1 :c5gold: Gold, +1 :c5production: Production)

v 2
Spoiler :
Added Beer and Honey font icon

v 1
Spoiler :
Resources included are
  • Beer (+2 :c5gold: Gold)
  • Cigars (+2 :c5gold: Gold)
  • Furniture (+1 :c5gold: Gold, +1 :c5production: Production)
  • Glass (+1 :c5gold: Gold, +1 :c5production: Production)
  • Honey (+1 :c5gold: Gold, +1 :c5food: Food)
  • Infusions (+1 :c5gold: Gold, +1 :c5food: Food)
  • Manuscripts (+1 :c5gold: Gold, +1 :c5culture: Culture)
  • Paintings (+1 :c5gold: Gold, +1 :c5culture: Culture)

Download here, or subscribe on Steam

Can we use the beer and honey art for the cctp mod?
Would be a nice addon with full credit for sure.

If this mod is compatible with Barathor's More Luxuries mod, then I don't see the point of including chocolate and olive oil if those are already covered by luxuries he has added.

Barathor's mode adds Cocoa and Olives, Chocolate and Olive Oil are products.
These resources are only available through City-States (at the time only Mercantile)

So it's not the same.

You could go further and add a mod that through a building you can produce Olive Oil from Olives or Chocolate from Cocoa

But he probably picked those resources because of the products that can be made from them. The icon for cocoa is even chocolate. It'd be weird to see a city-state producing chocolate or olive oil without those resources in its territory.

You could go further and add a mod that through a building you can produce Olive Oil from Olives or Chocolate from Cocoa

That is exactly where the CCTP Monopoly sytem is going to.
Cacoa=Choclate
Wheat/Barley/Beer
Exotic wood/Furniture
You see it fits all well into the game mechanics)

Well I've only one resource left planed out. Tapestry, but I've failed into doing, at least, a not bad looking icon. I'll keep trying but another version is not due until I've coded a way to extend the Mercantile CS ability. However I think there is a way around it, through a fake building that randomly gives a luxury.

Alright so with the latest version of Barathor's More Luxuries I'm gonna make some changes to this mod.

I'm gonna break it and diverge it in three separate ways

1. A mod that directly complements Barathor's More Luxuries (without dependence)
  2. A mod that expands CS luxuries to other CS rather than just Mercantile (without dependence)
  3. A combination of 1 and 2 (with dependence)

Top Bottom