more information and bigger maps

sassoundwave

Chieftain
Hi, new member but not a new reader here.

I've played all civ versions and always really enjoyed it. Though what I really would think is an improvement are the following things:
1. Give more information during diplomacy.
Often the AI proposes something and before I say yes or no, I'd like to verify what this civ already has of technologies, armies, wars and treaties with other civs etc. Sort of a quick report showing the status of that civ at that moment.

2. way bigger maps for realism. If you play England i.e. on a world map (earth) you can be happy to squeeze in 2 cities. It would be much better if cities indeed were cities.

and eh...just to annoy: bring back those wondermovies!!! It gives sphere to the game.

You can do a lot of number one right now.

Well yes, you can, but if you're asked by the AI you just can say yes or no. You cannot verify it. The only way this is possible is via the alternative, but that's not the way it should be, is it?

but ok, it's a minor thing in that specific way. More general would be more interesting though...

mitsho

The key thing I want in diplomacy terms is a sense of TRUE haggling with the AI. No more of your Trade advisor sitting in the corner saying 'we have a deal here' or 'they will be insulted by this deal'. I don't mind it being there as an option for beginners, but I, for one, want that feeling of NOT knowing exactly what an AI civ will accept-and having to finely craft my offers and counteroffers in order to maximise my benefits WITHOUT pissing them off too much ;)!

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

I agree Aussie, you want something that isn't just, keep upping gold till they say no type of non-event.

What would be good is if there was a certain random element to offers too, so that an AI might be in a good mood or not, might increase willingness to trade by a certain % ...

Albow said:
I agree Aussie, you want something that isn't just, keep upping gold till they say no type of non-event.

What would be good is if there was a certain random element to offers too, so that an AI might be in a good mood or not, might increase willingness to trade by a certain % ...

And include a random "walk away" factor that varies by how many times the deal is changed.

It would also be good if they would take a bad deal, but not like you as much later.

Thats a great idea, WS, but how do you think such a system would be implemented? (I'm asking because I know you have an 'inside track' on the programming side of software development ;)!)
One thing I could see happening is being able to vary your tone-from wheedling/begging all the way up to threatening/demanding. If you threaten a nation into accepting a deal (i.e., you CAN back up your threat in their eyes), then they WILL accept a bad deal from you-but resent you for a LONG time afterwards ;)! Begging/Wheedling could also be another tone that could be used to get a nation to accept a poor trade deal but, again, they will be angry with you for doing so (and, unless you are quite strong in military terms, they might decide to DO something about it ;)!)

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

That the way of negotiating should be improved is without doubt. But at least provide all necessary information during negotations...That was actually my point.

Top Bottom