More than one Settlement in Civ IV Col WTP

Dave61267

Chieftain
I have not played Civ IV Col in a few years and just reinstalled it. I heard about We The People and added that mod. I was doing real well, enhancing my settlement and making money off of the new resources, then I decided to start a second settlement. Imagine my surprise when I could not start a second settlement. So i tried to make a second settlement without the mod installed and that worked. Is there a setting i am not seeing? I can only use the maps I wanted if I play a scenario so that natives will show up also. Custom game does not populate native settlements, and I really want to play the western hemisphere and I want natives and i want more than one settlement. Yes i know I want it all. Anyway, thanks for any info on at least having more than 1 settlement.

@Dave61267

You need to use the "Settler Profession" - by equipping a Unit with Horses, Tools and Lumber. (Similar to a Pioneer.)
The "Settling"-mechanic has been changed in WTP because we considered the old way to settle (allowing it to every Unit without any costs) too boring.

Top Bottom