[BNW] Morius Wider Traits

King Morius

Warlord

This mod aims to include some variety to gameplay with the Civs. Civs gain changes that hopefully are not too powerfull to the point of changing the Civ playstyle, but are powerfull enough so they can fare better on other types of playstyles.

All changes where made in separete folder for each civ. This bring the options to preserve certain civilization UA unchanged, or just to change one or a few civs.

To do this, just go to C:\Users\Igor Lins\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Morius Wider Traits and delete the civ folder which you DON"T WANT changes.

This is the first take on this mod, it will be improved over time and better rounded, balance and fun is the achievement here. If you feel that certain change made the civ too powerfull, or the changes where too weak compared to others, let me know.

If you didn't liked any of the changes, just unsubscribed and please, let me know why.

INCOMPATIBILITIES

This mod may conflict with other mods that change leader traits. If you prefer another mod that changes certain civ trait, but want my other changes, simply delete the folder of the civ on my mod. For example, if you prefer the changes made by the awesome Denmark Exploration (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=243479773&searchtext=denmark+exploration), but wants all my changes, except for denmark. Go to my folder mod and delete the folder named "Denmark".

Some changes are also incompatible without Brave New World Expansion and Gods & Kings Expansion.

UPDATES (V1.1)

- Added a lot more unique promotions in the mod.
- Adjusted Flavors from Gandhi, Darius, Genghis Khan and Attila, so they can use their new traits more efficiently.
- Corrected some errors in the code.
UPDATE (V1.1.2)
- Changed Venice trait, now it receives +2 culture for each culture yielding buildings. Thanks Mikey 2 Coins for the head up.
UPDATE (V1.1.3)
- Changed Huns trait, now it land units maintenance is at half cost instead of free, and 25% produciton only for mounted units. Thanks popo for the gameplay.
- Changed Morocco trait, it was too bland, so i've put a tourism and culture boost instead of gold per great person. Thanks renzino for the gameplay!

UPDATE (V1.1.4)

- Fixed some typos.
- Coming soon: French translation

Special Thanks to LeeS and whoward69, those guys helped me a lot in the codding. Thanks to renzino for the comming French translation.

Attachments

• Morius Wider Traits (v 1).civ5mod
    445.6 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
V 1.1 Thanks LeeS and whoward69 !https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1547271480

UPDATES (V1.1)

- Added a lot more unique promotions in the mod.
- Adjusted Flavors from Gandhi, Darius, Genghis Khan and Attila, so they can use their new traits more efficiently.
- Corrected some errors in the code.
Special Thanks to LeeS and whoward69, those guys helped me a lot in the codding.

I've find out an embarassing problem with the Auxilia promotion of the Romans.

First of all, the Romans have the Roman Army Promotion. It does nothing, except allowing to choose unique promotions.

There are two types of promotions: Regular and Auxilia.

Auxilia gives a random promotion to the unit first time it fights. Well, as it happens, when you fight for the first time, you lose the Auxilia Promotion. Then you can get it back next "level up". This is not intended.

I thought about a solution. Instead of the Auxilia promotion gives a random promo, the Roman Army Promotion would take this role. The downside is that the roman promotions will happen to be too random for Roman tastes.

The ideal was if Auxilias promotions (there are four: Auxilia, Mounted Auxilia, Archer Auxilia and Auxilia Scouts) could be taken only once, and if you take them you couldn't take the Cohort and Equites promotions. This, i think, is beyond xml codding. So i'm deactivating all Auxilia promotions until i came up with something.

UPDATE (V1.1.2)
- Changed Venice trait, now it receives +2 culture for each culture yielding buildings. Thanks Mikey 2 Coins for the head up.
UPDATE (V1.1.3)
- Changed Huns trait, now it land units maintenance is at half cost instead of free, and 25% produciton only for mounted units. Thanks popo for the gameplay.
- Changed Morocco trait, it was too bland, so i've put a tourism and culture boost instead of gold per great person. Thanks renzino for the gameplay!

UPDATE (V1.1.4)

- Fixed some typos.
- Coming soon: French translation

Special Thanks to LeeS and whoward69, those guys helped me a lot in the codding. Thanks to renzino for the comming French translation.

Top Bottom