MP User Group

Methos

HoF Quattromaster
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
lurker's comment: Just a suggestion, but have you all considered using the 'User Group' option? Basically, only someone who is a member of the MP User Group can vote in a poll. Anyone who is not a member and tries to vote, won't be allowed. Simply put, CFC protects some of the integrity of the game for you.

lurker's comment: Just a suggestion, but have you all considered using the 'User Group' option? Basically, only someone who is a member of the MP User Group can vote in a poll. Anyone who is not a member and tries to vote, won't be allowed. Simply put, CFC protects some of the integrity of the game for you.

Can this user-group somehow be linked to the Model Parliament Forum, so that a poster that has not posted at all at the forum within 3 weeks is removed?

Can this user-group somehow be linked to the Model Parliament Forum, so that a poster that has not posted at all at the forum within 3 weeks is removed?

I'm not sure right now, but I am looking into the full capabilities of a user group.

I think I'm still in the usergroup, wait let me check.

edit: Yes, there is already an usergroup. If you were in the previous MP, you should still be member of it, if not Methos, could you please ask TF to be the moderator of the usergroup so you can add the people who requested to be in it to the group?

Besides, I think voting should be done through posting, not through a poll. So I don't think the usergroup matters that much.

Honestly, I forget if we had one before, does anyone remember?

Yes. TF created the user group around the same time he created this forum.

if not Methos, could you please ask TF to be the moderator of the usergroup so you can add the people who requested to be in it to the group?

Done.

Besides, I think voting should be done through posting, not through a poll. So I don't think the usergroup matters that much.

Since the forum is public the only benefit a user group has is the voting in polls.

As I stated in the last game, private voting can be a very good thing, as if no one knows what you voted for, it's tough for it to cause arguments. Remember that one of the problems last game was voting. This also keeps more control over who votes. Joe Blow can't come along and vote when he doesn't even know what the MP is. Only active players (whether posting actively or active lurkers like myself) would be able to vote.

Wait, how would we do a private vote?

Top Bottom