MPP and You

BlackFiend

Chieftain
I have a MPP with a nation that attracts more attackers than can be beleived. I want to declare peace with those who are now my enemies...and perhaps restore diplomacy to previous, pre war levels.

Is it possible? Can I assume I can't enter peace with these other nations until my MPP has expired since that country and my MPP nation are still at war? If I do, I take a diplomatic hit in the worst way?

just tested.

You can sign peace to anyone (You have to wait until they want to speak with You) thus breaking MPP with another one.
no problem! further fights between those countries won't draw You into war.
but then You do take rep hit - for broken deal.

(I've signed MPP for MPP with aztecs who were at war with carthage, made peace as soon as possible, and tried once more : this time aztecs didn't agree to MPP for MPP, i had to add tech - Sci Met in that case.)

I have a MPP with a nation that attracts more attackers than can be beleived. I want to declare peace with those who are now my enemies...and perhaps restore diplomacy to previous, pre war levels.

Is it possible? Can I assume I can't enter peace with these other nations until my MPP has expired since that country and my MPP nation are still at war? If I do, I take a diplomatic hit in the worst way?

AFAIK, around this here forum, most players (who post about it, at least) would tell you to avoid MPP's like the plague...they are a recipe for disaster (a diplomatic disaster...and trading disaster.)

ok, suppose you and A have an MPP which forces you to declare war against B.

If you make peace with B that does not give you a rep hit since you have no agreement to ally against B. If you don't believe me check your outstanding deals and see if that is one of them. It isn't.

On the other hand, if you make peace you will in all probability find yourself in an automatic declaration of war against B during the next interturn. This will give you a rep hit since it makes you break a 20-turn peace deal. Since you are going to get a rep hit anyway, why not just go talk to A and cancel the MPP and get your rep hit up front without the declaration of war thrown into the bargain?

And no there is nothing you can do to bring the old days back. You say you keep getting drawn into war. How many deals have you already broken through those declarations? That is what ruins your reputation and rep cannot be repaired.

AFAIK, around this here forum, most players (who post about it, at least) would tell you to avoid MPP's like the plague...they are a recipe for disaster (a diplomatic disaster...and trading disaster.)

In proper hand MPP very usefull. Just heve used it in GOTM70. The trick is to wait 10-15 turn, and only then initiate wars.

In proper hand MPP very usefull. Just heve used it in GOTM70. The trick is to wait 10-15 turn, and only then initiate wars.

The problem is when the AI starts wars with each other and drag you along with it. The AI won't be waiting 10-15 turns because you planned so.

The problem is when the AI starts wars with each other and drag you along with it. The AI won't be waiting 10-15 turns because you planned so.
Well, actually MPP is preparation to war. It may happend a bit earlier. But it is cheaper, then MA (sometimes). And much cheaper then many MAs.

10-15 turns is half an eternity in the IA. A long time to be at the mercy of an AI*'s follies.

* AI = artificial idiocy ;)
Well, at GOTM 70 it was 10 turns. I carried out "small wars" and did not want "big war" from behind. When I was ready to big war MPP worked.

Top Bottom