Mr. B's Custom Sponsors

WakeUpMrBubbles

Chieftain
So I've gotten several requests to set up manual downloads for some of my sponsors and feel this is probably the most appropriate place to do it. I probably would have sooner but sadly I was only very recently introduced to this forum. It's a shame because there's a wealth of good information and a great community here.

Links below are all from Dropbox and very easy to install. The package is easy to decompress and you simply create a new folder for the mod in your MyDoc/MyGames/CivBE/MODS folder and drop the files into it. Then activate the mod in the mods section of the game and you're good to go.

Without further ado, the new sponsors!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Download - Steam Workshop

THE NEW ALBION REPUBLIC

Trait: "By Land and Sea": The New Albion Republic receives 2 extra moves on ocean tiles. Tile Improvements require 25% less energy to maintain.

-Led by Admiral Alec Durant (guest starring Sir Alec Guinness)

In the wake of the Great Mistake the island of Great Britain befell a terrible series of tragedies. Between the ever changing climates and the rising sea levels, what was once mostly habitable is now inhumanly cold of submerged beneath the waves. In those early harsh days the ingenuity of the British people was shown full force. Where land was lost to the tides new developments sprang up in the form of interconnected platforms, flotillas and diverse trading posts and ports along the new far and few between isles elevated enough to poke above the sea. As Great Britain receded what rose out of it became known as the New Albion Republic. The largest sea colony ever devised in human history.

In the years prior to the Seeding, then Prime Minister, Alec Durant led the early task forces in preparing for what was to come. Despite their great efforts and unwavering stoicism this was a losing battle. Earth could not remain their home. A hero of the people, Durant went to great lengths to ensure that any citizen who desired to participate would not be left behind. Though small and diminished in the eyes of the world in these dark days, the British people's resilience proved enough to secure their place in the journey. Cannibalizing most of the colony's resources in the process to secure transport, the journey for New Albion was not colonization but migration. Those who chose to stay behind would find it difficult to live as they did before, leaving what was left of the island for safe refuge in greater Europe.

THE NORDIC UNION

Trait: "Vegvisir": Melee units receive one additional move per turn. Receive 1 additional Production from Geothermal and Petroleum Wells.

Lead by Søren Eriksen (Guest starring Mads Mikkelsen)

The Great Mistake did much to galvanize the world to see past their differences. Much of this was out of necessity as scarce resources and harsh climates struck sharply in areas accustomed to easy living and bountiful harvests. Much of the world appeared so very different from generations past. In the north of Europe, surprisingly many of the lands of Scandinavia seemed relatively untouched. There were harsh winters and changes in basic precipitation levels, and some land lost to rising seas, but this had very little impact on the overall economy and well being of the Nordic nations. In a time when others scrambled to claw their way back to the status quo, countries like Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Iceland were experiencing a boom that inspired in their people a chance to truly thrive in this new world.

After the finalization of the Franco-Iberian alliance and the influx of trade goods from the resurgent New Albion Republic, the topic of unification was broached once again. There were bitter memories of the Kalmar Union and much convincing was needed to flesh out a system that truly represented an allied Nordic Union. Government centralization in any one nation was rejected. The respective capitals of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden would maintain their own governing body, which was easily networked for executive and legislative actions on behalf of the Union itself. Representation was admitted some time later for inclusion of the the Åland Islands, the Faroe Islands and Greenland.

As nations the world over geared up for what would be called the Seeding, the fluid efficiency of the Union's government allowed for greater economic leverage while exporting both raw materials and re-investing in the innovating sciences required to tackle long distance space flight, much less colonization. The Nordic Union became a central market enabling less developed nations, with the proper funds, to execute their own expeditionary probes. As the time grew nearer for the first colonies to make their maiden voyage, the Union was persuaded to consider their own extra-planetary futures. With a history of some of the world's most accomplished explorers it seemed only right to wade out into the cosmic ocean.

Eager from the start, the Nordic Union received more applicants for colonization than any other nation per capita. The first of these was the Vegvisir, lifting off from the launch station in Reykjavik, Iceland. Søren Eriksen, a Danish astronaut famous for his recent colonization experiments on Europa, was selected to lead the colony. His expertise with social and economic dynamics under pressure would be necessary for the challenges to come.

THE PEGASUS FOUNDATION

Trait: "The Utopia Project" - Population benefits from 25% more Health and Worker speed increased by 10%.

Lead by Sophia Raptis

As climates shifted throughout the world, not all changes were equally catastrophic. The Mediterranean coast was becoming more fertile with every passing year. It quickly became the prime destination for those with wealth and priviledge, raising the economies of its coastal nations to atmospheric heights. One such beneficiary of this migration was the nation of Greece, whose shifts in fortune would prove to be a hotbed for conflict throughout the region.

Pegasus Labs, located in Athens, Greece, first basked in the public spotlight when it had announced to the world that a cure for cancer had been found. It would not turn out to be the hope the world was looking for, precisely, as the treatment was both lengthy and expensive. What followed was that the wealthiest citizens of the most developed nations were now seemingly exempt from a scourge that continued to ravage the rest of the Globe. This disparity cast the organization in a mixed light. Over the years their breakthroughs continued to marvel and impress but the cost of implimenting their findings seemed to rise exponentially. A young woman and heir to the labs directorship, Sophia Raptis, formed the Pegasus Foundation to proliferate their therapies throughout the local population. It was a sort of experiment in social engineering to see what sort of society good arise out of a populace free of existentialist dread.

The Utopia Project, as it was called was met with harsh criticism. Many areas of Athens were being walled off as sterile zones to keep those involved in the experiment separate from those in the "Control Group", a term that was largely met with outrage. Within the Utopia Project it was not uncommon for those receiving gene therapies to extend their livespans two-fold. Production within the contained zones was much higher due to less interuption from sickness, and crime rates were falling with every passing generation. The causes for this were disputed, as some of this could be attributed to the exclusionary nature of the collective. With public protests and violent outburts occuring on a nearly daily basis and security for the Foundation becoming an ever more necessary evil the powderkeg for unrest was lit.

Though violence was staved off temporarily in several instances by opening more areas to the Project, ultimately the people of Greece, and the rest of the world would not sit by and allow this perceived injustice to continue. What started as a riot became an all out assault on the Foundation after six days of protracted violence. Much of the Foundations facilities were destroyed as further walls were breached. When the militants reached the center of the main compound they were buffeted back by smoke and ash. Sophia, seeing this as inevitable, had spent nearly half the Foundation's resources hiring scientists and engineers to prepare their Earthly colony for a migration in the great Seeding. If the Utopia Project was to continue, it would have to do so on another world. The needs of Earth, she deemed, were too great.

THE JAPANESE EMPIRE

Trait: "Bushido": Wounded Japanese units fight at full strength. One additional culture in every city.

Lead by Kenji Ikeda (Guest starring Ken Watanabe)

After the Great Mistake the people of Japan were initially not very receptive to the union conceived of in the PAC. Despite their concerns economic circumstances made going it alone seem foolish, but it took a series of terrible seismic events, and formidable amount of diplomatic pressure to finally sweep Japan into the hands of the PAC. Japanese scientists and technological infrastructure was too valuable for them to simply overlook.

What followed over the years was a slowly eroding sense of self-determination. Many laws were passed that favored those in Greater Asia over the citizens of the Japanese islands. Protests and general outrage seemed to fall on deaf ears. There were a series of cultural schisms as the PAC leadership tried to consolidate its power in the minds of the people. In an attempt to form a uniform sense of identity throughout the region many cultural and religious symbols of its component were targeted in retaliation for their failure to cooperate with the predominantly Chinese power center. Violence broke out in Hatsukaichi when an overzealous PAC security force destroyed the Itsukushima Shrine in the face of ongoing protesters.

With most of the PAC forces stationed in Japan consisting of Japanese natives, there was not much of a rebellion to be had. It was rather, a swift and surgical military coup. In what was largely a symbolic gesture, the newly formed Japanese militia rallied around the family of the Emperor, thinking they would be made example of if there was a retaliatory strike. It took less than a month to capture the PAC leadership remaining in Japanese territory. The time was fortuitous to the Japanese people, as the Seeding was almost ready to begin. With the PAC in disarray and many resources now split in contested territory, a cease fire was quickly agreed. Japan relinquished PAC prisoners and a portion of seized aerospace assets in exchange for assurances that the PAC would not attempt to invade sovereign Japanese territory.

Japan's central role in the development of spacecraft and colonization technologies put it in a unique position to utilize the resources of the PAC to their own ends. Several launch stations were now solely in Japanese hands, and the plans for Seeding expeditions were almost complete when the rebellion began. It wasn't long before Japanese scientists were able to finish what remained. The Japanese government officially reinstated the Emperor as a unifying symbol of the people. Though late in joining the Seeding, it was not long after their declaration of independence that Japan was ready to lift off. Their first expedition was placed under the command of Kenji Ikeda. He christened his colony ship Asahi, charted a course for a distant system.

THE CRESCENT CONFEDERACY

Trait: "Those Who Named the Stars" - Receive 2 additional culture from Academy and Array tile improvements. Receive one additional Trade Route in the Capital.

Lead by Director Akram Zaman

Though the Great Mistake caused much turmoil for the people of Earth, not all of it's influence was bleak. In the much divided Middle East the existential threats of famine and extreme drought went a long way to putting into perspective the conflicts that kept its inhabitants apart. A great outpouring of goodwill and humanitarian aid swept across borders and between former rivals. Dealing with some of the harshest environments the planet had to offer in the wake of extreme climate and ecological shifts a renewed emphasis on science and education thrived.

Cultural identification with the great intellectual achievements of the past inspired new generations to reach for and surpass those ideals. When Europe was in the midst of the Dark Ages scientists and mathematicians throughout the Middle East were changing the world forever, charting the heavens, mastering algebra, inventing the zero.

History has a way of repeating itself. As the world began to fall into a new age of chaos and despair a coalition of allied nations came together under the banner of the Crescent Confederacy. In the years leading up to the Seeding academies of planetary science, aerospace engineering, even astrobiology and quantum mechanics were already becoming mainstays of life in the Confederacy.

A young astrophysicist, born in Beirut, Lebanon, named Akram Zaman, would chart the approach and outline the methodology for the first extra-solar colonized world. The recognition and admiration he received from both his country and that of the world secured him both the privileged and the responsibility of managing one such expedition himself. As a representative of the Crescent Confederation, he would set out among the very stars his ancestors once named to build a new civilization that could stand the test of time.

THE OLLIN ALLIANCE

Trait:"Populist Visionaries": Newly founded cities immediately claim extra adjacent tiles. Military land units require 10% less maintenance.

Lead by Esperanza Ruiz

The Great Mistake had disastrous throughout much of Central America. Famine was widespread and many regions suffered intense seasonal wildfires and droughts that made living day to day the focal point in the lives of millions. This lack of certainty created such panic that large swaths of the map were essentially left to martial law as local communities and rival militias fought over what resources and fertile land remained. Centralized governments were so spread so thin over so long a period they either reconstituted themselves into more localized confederations or outright collapsed. A militia hailing from Sonora, based out of Hermosillo, began making moves to the southeast to secure the more fertile land. Calling themselves the Ollin Faction, they professed an altruistic narrative for their campaign, proclaiming that the colossal shift in the planet signified a need for our way of life to shift with it, and that they represented that change.

Their leader, Fernando Ruiz, a former Colonel in the Mexican army, had begun to earn a reputation as a fair man and respectable governor in the north. Though opposed by the declared sovereignty of rival factions, he maintained that unity throughout the region was non-negotiable. Stability was necessary for what was to come. With the momentum of several military victories in the North, and the allegiance of much of former military he encountered along the way, it wasn't long before his march south was largely unopposed. What began as a small militia was turning into an organized army. Intent on framing this move outside of the context of an occupation, Fernando spoke broadly about his devotion to returning stability to the nation, and rule of law back to the people. Over the next several years his campaign moved as far south as Panama, making friends, dispatching enemies, and forging hard-won partnerships with their new regional leaders.

Fernando's success over the last decade had united a once tumultuous region. True to his word, elections were being held, regional governors with more autonomy in every nation were having greater success in administering aid and keeping the peace, and good will towards neighboring countries was at an all time high, with resources trading hands easily and efficiently. Making a bid for political power, Fernando pushed for an Alliance not unlike the recent joining of Franco-Iberian, or the Slavic Federation. The coalition of nations used the heraldry of the first Sonoran militia that set out so many years before. Central America united under the banner of the Ollin Alliance. Fernando's central role earned him the first Presidency. He would serve four terms before illness demanded he relinquish his post.

Though essentially stable, the Ollin Alliance lacked the infrastructure to initially participate in the Seeding. Much was destroyed or stripped bare in Fernado's "Southern March". In a twist of fate, border disputes with ARC to the north and Brasilia to the south paid dividends. ARC did not initially recognize the sovereignty of the Alliance and made an aggressive push to claim former northern Mexican territories. Repelled by forces under the command of one Esperanza Ruiz, second daughter to President Fernando, she followed their retreat beyond the border into Texas. The resulting treaty reclaimed much of the former Mexican Republic and several strategic launch sites. Esperanza would later volunteer herself for the command of the first Alliance convoy to join in the Seeding.

FUTURE MODS COMING

At the moment I have several sponsors in the works but largely my time has been spent developing custom art pieces to eventually replace the leader screens that are presently contained in each mod. While they do fine for now, I believe it would improve the experience somewhat. As with any piece of artwork it will take some time to accomplish, especially since several versions of each will be needed to facilitate the Affinity System, but the NAR is up first and early work on those seem promising.

As for sponsors or future smaller scale mods, I have another independent corporation, and a possible Benelux (Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg) sponsor coming together. When those are completed I'll add them here and to the Steam Workshop.

Enjoy.

Welcome WakeupMrBubbles to the CivFanatic Forum. And great that you could bring your mods here now too. I enjoyed this bunch a lot already and look forward to your new ones.

The quality of the coding here is definitely evident, but I don't know... Something about using real people instead of models just kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Well honestly that's being too kind about the coding. I more or less know my way around XML now but not understanding how to use lua really limits my abilities to do the more complex traits I'd really like to. I haven't the slightest idea where to start to get a grasp of that. Some of the places I've been pointed to still come out greek to me.

As for the people, I suppose in a way it's just a convenience thing. With the time it would take me to finish the artwork for my leader screens I would have yet to release any sponsors at all. I actually find myself wondering on a regular basis where the rest of you find the art assets you use? I'm in the process of moving to a new house at the moment so it's really slowed down my progress. I'm hoping the art for the New Albion Republic will be done next month.

Sorry it puts you off though, TPangolin. I'm a big fan of what you're doing. If it makes you feel better it's definitely not my ideal situation either. As soon as they can be replaced, they will be.

As much as it pains me to say it - Pintrest is actually a great source for 3D models. A lot of the time the work featured links to sites such as polycount. As long as you reference the original owner of the model - everything should be all good.

Leaders don't show up on max resolution - uninstall -_-

That's a problem with Firaxis, and not with the modders. A similar issue happened with Vanilla civ v. Firaxis has stated they'll fix it.

hello great job for all of these new sponsors ;)
haaa that's can be great to have a modpack with all of them
hmmm any news about a fix for see the the Leaders? we must check about that on firaxis official site?
Thank you for the great job you done

MJ

hello great job for all of these new sponsors ;)
haaa that's can be great to have a modpack with all of them
hmmm any news about a fix for see the the Leaders? we must check about that on firaxis official site?
Thank you for the great job you done

MJ
The temporary fix, as stated in many sponsor mod descriptions, is to lower the leader scene quality to Minimum.

Downside is the vanilla factions will have static leaderheads as well, but that's not too bad.

By the way, Mr. Bubbles, great work. I find your New Albion Republic to be the best England/UK sponsor mod currently available. The red of the colour scheme is a tad too saturated, but that's my only bit of criticism.

Ok thank you very much for the reply ;)
the mod work very nice with the french version of the game too

MJ

Hi, I've downloaded the Japanese Empire mod, created a mod folder inside the BE folder, extracted the file , but it still doesnt appear on my mod menu =(

Hi, I've downloaded the Japanese Empire mod, created a mod folder inside the BE folder, extracted the file , but it still doesnt appear on my mod menu =(
CivBE creates a MODS subfolder in its own user folder, which is where you have to place the downloaded mod. I can't remember the location off the top of my head and I'm at work so I can't check, but you can get there through the Logs shortcut in CivBE's root folder and going back one step.

Alternatively, just subscribe to the mod on Steam Workshop.

CivBE creates a MODS subfolder in its own user folder, which is where you have to place the downloaded mod. I can't remember the location off the top of my head and I'm at work so I can't check, but you can get there through the Logs shortcut in CivBE's root folder and going back one step.

Alternatively, just subscribe to the mod on Steam Workshop.

I have a non-steam version,and my mods folder (I had to create one) is on the root folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Sid Meiers Civilization Beyond Earth), but when I launch the game it does not detect the mods =(

I have a non-steam version,and my mods folder (I had to create one) is on the root folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Sid Meiers Civilization Beyond Earth), but when I launch the game it does not detect the mods =(
:hmm:

...There isn't any non-Steam version. Not any legal one, at least.

Don't know for legal non steam. Maybe he was referring to a retail box version (don't think BE went digital only). Maybe ... won't discuss this too much, just want to point that if you have some sort of "demo" version and you actually like the game, well you know what to do at payday.

Anyway
That's where you have it wrong. Th mods folder is in <documents folder>\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth unless you have some really weird system. It should already exist there next to your saved games.

Top Bottom