Mulligans

1. Times when it is Always acceptable: misclick or brainfart, (and it had an undesirable outcome) (If I didn't want to attack with my General first, but I do and he loses I will go back)

I will include Wonder Races I lost because I forgot to whip it to completion in that.
The first time I accepted a vassal who was at war with someone, I counted that (I'm more cautious now)

Often if I want to reconsider a strategy I may do that (such games are marked as attempt 2 though)

Normally, I play things as they go. Some situations, however, are so infuriating that they just warrant a mulligan.

One is losing a city that had an important strategic resource to an unpromoted barbarian soldier. Which could not be recaptured since they proceeded to raze it. And when the attacking soldier had odds of approximately 0.1%. (Unpromoted Archer against a CG2+45% culture and fortification bonus). And the nearby civ then settles there shortly after.

Another is losing several battles in a row where the odds were upwards of 90%. One or two I can take; five is just ridiculous.

Mostly, it's ridiculous combat that gets me. A failed Wonder rakes in gold by the hundreds for soldiers and research. A misclick or brain fart is annoying, but hasn't ever been critical.

if you're playing SP do whatever makes the game fun. isn't that the point of a game. having fun!

I might sometimes reload if I make a really bad misclick due to mouse malfunction and a unit or something ends up in a totally undesirable location. However if I've made a tactical blunder that turns everything fubar - back to main menu and restart! If it's my fault and I don't feel paying for my mistake then the game is trash.

if you're playing SP do whatever makes the game fun. isn't that the point of a game. having fun!

Sure, have all the fun you want. Just be aware that if you're a reloader you're also a completely worthless human being IMO :lol:

here we go again. try a little understanding. if you can't comment about someone elses post without being rude that make you the completely worthless humah being IMO :lol:

yea, that's right. i can't type either. so what

Top Bottom