Multi is very unbalanced even with mods : Critics and propositions

I don't mind multi-tier forts much. If I decide to burn one of my precious 20 squares on a fort, at least let me get the added benefit of being able to make it better than forts outside of the BFC. It would be kinda nice if the upgraded forts generated some :gold:.

Check out the BTS fort codes to see how they made canals. I think someone did say 'act as city' was the answer.

Certain that forts upgrade without being worked.

Also, inside borders forts help only the owner. Outside borders forts help everyone. I do not believe bfc had much to do with it.

If outside borders is selected in the XML, they will upgrade regardless. Although I must test to see certain elements of this. What I certainly know is that, at least for base Ffh pirate coves, and by extension Mnai and eitb coves, will upgrade regardless of being worked. Might require cultural control but I doubt it.

I believe that I have seen forts upgrade by themselves in the wilderness. If you don't work an improvement yet the number keeps changing... Then perhaps the dll is tricked into thinking that the improvement is worked.

OK...that needs to be a bit clearer then. The few times I have wanted a fort, I have always worked the tile to upgrade it. If I don't need to do that...

forts need a bit of a boost imho. Plus I keep getting annoyed by seeing foreign trade doubling the speed of fort growth :p

(as in, just make it 1 tier of fort, like in BTS)

---> Is it possible to make it so that boats can pass through forts? I think it was possible in BTS ... if I choose 'Act as City' will it be possible in FFH? Or are more changes required?

I guess I could always use trial and error :)

Act as City is all you need. Forts do have their own culture borders in More Naval AI with Advanced Tactics on, and allow boats to pass because they act as cities when Advanced Tactics is on.

edit: Yes improvements with bOutsideBorders don't need to be worked to upgrade.

I never worked my forts (which I rarely build) but they always upgrade

Top Bottom