Multi-tile World Wonders?

DemonEmperor

Chieftain
Pretty much all said in the title. Two ways i can think of to do this are:

-One core base wonder tile that determines if your civ "owns" the wonder, must build that one first. can build auxiliaries adjacent that amplify effects after

-Multi-tile wonders that only register as completed when all tiles finished - if other civ finishes first ... idk have the unfinished tiles offer tourism or something? or just get rid of them

No idea if this would necessarily be a good idea or not. It just seems cool :p

Some wonders are reasonable to warrant their own tile, but many others are not. I went through this in another thread a few months ago, but the point I was making is that wonders that require district adjacencies are almost always better suited to be placed INSIDE the district rather than next to it.

Examples: the great library, the great lighthouse, the colossus, the Eiffel tower, the forbidden palace, big ben, and many more. A lot of these buildings should either be in a special wonder slot inside the district or inside the city centre.

Wonders like the terracotta army, pyramids, etc. are probably fine the way they are, because they weren't built inside city limits, but on their own.

For a TWO tile wonder, you'd really have to justify it, not to mention the complexity of how it would be built. I can't think of anything that large off the top of my head.

The Great Dam
Cost: 2600 prod.
Unlocked by: Electricity (tech).
Effect All owned tiles next to any river yield +3 production.
Placement: 2-tile wonder. Must be placed on tiles on both banks of a river, must be placed next to a mountain.

The Great Dam
Cost: 2600 prod.
Unlocked by: Electricity (tech).
Effect All owned tiles next to any river yield +3 production.
Placement: 2-tile wonder. Must be placed on tiles on both banks of a river, must be placed next to a mountain.

I can't tell if that's OP or not. If you have a great engineer, maybe, if not it may not be worth it. You'd have to work around 9 river tiles for 100 turns just to get the 2600 production back.

I can't tell if that's OP or not. If you have a great engineer, maybe, if not it may not be worth it. You'd have to work around 9 river tiles for 100 turns just to get the 2600 production back.
Depending on map size, it's rather easy to earn that back in 10 turns -if you have a decent sized empire on a large-huge map. A tad op, but if multi-tile stuff is to be introduced, it kinda has to be somewhat OP to be worth it

Another multi-tile wonder idea.
Large Hadron Collider
Cost:4000 prod.
Unlocked by: Nanotechnology (tech)
Effect: Gain knowledge of all techs. All tiles in the 3rd hex of city radius receive +5 production and +10 gold to yields for every Future Tech research cycle.
Placement: in outer ring of city radius. All tiles in outer radius must be free of man-made stuff (improvements, districts, wonders).

I want wonders to be somehow inside a district or we can at least build something else in the wonder tiles . Cities looks beautiful in CIVI but some wonders size are so big than it should be (some are good ) . Easy thing to do is to make some world wonders smaller in size and surrounding it by generic buildings .
A lot of world wonders are already waste of a valuable space .

Last edited:
Top Bottom