Multiplayer out of sync issue

Kanakotka

Chieftain
I couldn't really care to try to fix it, as i've done everything... and it doesn't seem to be much of a problem anyway, when playing with a friend of mine, so... i want to know how to disable that dreaded red text that takes it's place IN THE CENTER OF THE SCREEN (could it have a worse place? seriously?) How do i go about doing this?

Hmm, well I see what you mean as the red text does take up a lot of the screen, but would you really want to keep playing anyway after the game has gone out of sync? That would basically be like you both playing separate single player games. :confused:

I wouldn't mind being able to make the dreaded red text a bit less obtrusive, we usually finish the turn and turn it over before resynching - much more than that and you can really end up in a strange game. :) Besides it blinks so fast no one can actually read it to see who's OOS!

Well, reconnecting, clearing the cache, and other alien methods do not fix it at all, it still says out of synch, and i'd really want to play it with a friend of mine.

What I will write now is maybe obvious but if it doesn't help you it can maybe help someone else.

I play civ only in multi, 2-3 or 4 human vs xx IA.

first you must have the exact same version that mean no one with with some even light modification compare to the other. If you did change someleader spec for example, than send your xml to your friend.
check if both of you have the same "setup" in debug. this is veryr important in multi.
if you notice OOC when using colonist and or pionier go and edit the xml file : "GlobalDefinesAlt" in civ > bts > mod > rise of mankind > assets > xml > read instruction in the bottom of the page.

I have never notice redondante OOS with 2 players, or and even with 3, we make to play fairly ok. It's on other storie with 4.

I hope it help someone.

Nnno, mate. What you explained are in the readme file already, which anyone with a half a brain would read before consulting forums :p

Also, file differences do not matter, as the out of sync error doesn't happen in vanilla BTS... i made custom map sizes for the XML files, and it works perfectly fine, it's not the issue :p The issue is the massive red text which is annoying... as i've really exhausted every method to fix it.

BTW, we've been playing with the Barb civs turned on (ver 2.53) and the Revolutions off with very few problems at all. We started a game with Revolutions on and have had more OOS than without it.

We tried 2.6 (not sure the exact version offhand) and it wasn't multiplayer stable. Haven't tried 2.7 multi yet. We're still working on finishing a game in 2.5 :)

Nnno, mate. What you explained are in the readme file already, which anyone with a half a brain would read before consulting forums :p

Also, file differences do not matter, as the out of sync error doesn't happen in vanilla BTS... i made custom map sizes for the XML files, and it works perfectly fine, it's not the issue :p The issue is the massive red text which is annoying... as i've really exhausted every method to fix it.

if you say so . . .

I have the same thing, but I've noticed that it happens when revolution screen pops out. So it's probably REV not quite working with Multiplayer or RoM.

I have the same thing, but I've noticed that it happens when revolution screen pops out. So it's probably REV not quite working with Multiplayer or RoM.
Revolution mod component hasn't been working in multiplayer - it has known issues that hopefully will eventually get fixed by jdog500 who is the author of that particular mod component. I think I read something about the progress in revolution mod forum section...

Is it possible to reduce the graphic mess when you go OOS? It's very hard to tell who is OOS and to finish things up so that we can take care of the problem. Thanks.

Top Bottom