Music race

Maybe just as simple as sending the following then?

To the magnanimous members of the ETTT,

At this time The Continuum of Quatronia has no further intention to settle the peninsular designated as 'Hoag' however The Continuum can not continue with these negotiations until we've had full disclosure regarding CDZ's financier(s).

The Honourable Continuum of Quatronia

I think "magnanimous" and "honourable" might come across wrong under the current circumstances. We don't want the other teams to think we are being patronizing or fake. Better for CDZ to look like the ones blowing smoke and being crafty.

To our fellow ETTT members,

Quatronia agrees to hold off on our plans to further settle the peninsula designated as 'Hoag.' We will gladly suspend our expansion for the time being if this will help strengthen the ETTT and allow us to constructively resolve our recent differences. However, the Continuum can not continue with these negotiations until we've had full disclosure regarding CDZ's financier(s).

Respectfully,

Team Quatronia

How about sticking in:

Quatronia agrees to hold off on our plans to further settle the peninsula designated as 'Hoag.' We will gladly suspend our expansion for the time being if this will help strengthen the ETTT and allow us to constructively resolve our recent differences. However, the Continuum can not continue with these negotiations until we've had full disclosure regarding CDZ's financier(s). A declaration of war by CDZ on M&M would suffice.

Respectfully,

Team Quatronia

Nope, that last sentence gets them off the hook without having to explain what is going on. And if they are secretly colluding with M&M it would be easy for them to just have a phony war until they are ready to openly betray us.

Yes, good point. Maybe we should set a time limit for response though. Also, we'll need to very carefully analyze CDZ's response, because we will have to try and tell if they are lying- they're unlikely to come clean if they are betraying us until they're ready.

If we can verify CDZ has a galley near ereh Ro, it would seem like the Mavericks gifted that to them; I'm happy to immediately add an inquiry about gifted units to this message if that works. But I like it as it is in cav_scout's post anyway. (If we have this second issue, I might ask "disclosure regarding CDZ's financiers and any units they've been gifting or gifted")

We're loosing too much time. We need to send this.
At this point we don't need to accuse them of trading units. The money may be enough to throw doubt on their transactions. If we can confirm a unit trade we can press them on it later, after they come clean or otherwise.

I think that Cav_Scouts revision is enough.

Yeah I'm fine on sending it very soon too, so let's just go with it then, no objections to the message anyway and I agree we should send it very soon. Just posted that in this thread as well due to the common problem of discussions in multiple threads missing out on latest news.

Sent cav scout's version.

Quatronia agrees to hold off on our plans to further settle the peninsula designated as 'Hoag.' We will gladly suspend our expansion for the time being if this will help strengthen the ETTT and allow us to constructively resolve our recent differences. However, the Continuum can not continue with these negotiations until we've had full disclosure regarding CDZ's financier(s).

Respectfully,

Team Quatronia

Top Bottom