Mutually exclusive buildings

Good point, but I think they would just replace whatever they replace and keep the other choice(s). Similar to how Victoria's LUA (or was that England's?) only improves the archaeological museum but leaves the art museum alone. Maybe if it doesnt replace anything, it's just an additional choice?

I think it's worth noting that the Stave Church is Norway's UI, while the archaeological museum isn't England's UI...

I'd like to see some alternatives to the regional buildings for the entertainment districts and industrial zones. Something that's weaker in terms of production, but isn't completely redundant if you are already receiving a factory/power plant bonus.

I think this is an excellent idea :)

Alternative Neighborhood District Names: Borough District - Quarter District- Suburb District - Utility District- Community District - Locality District- Service District- Habitation District - Residence District - Settlement District/

Since this is the mutually exclusive building thread (Yes I'm overdoing it, but the more ideas out there the better):

Aqueduct: Mid build cost. +1 Housing, +1 Housing for each adjacent Neighborhood District with an aqueduct. (An aqueduct graphic connecting the districts would be neat). Maintenance 2.
Apothecary: Mid build cost. +1 Housing, +1 Science, +1 Culture. Maintenance 2
Baths: Mid build cost. +1 Housing, +1 Amenity. Maintenance 2. Tile must have fresh water to build.
Well: Low build cost. +1 Housing. Maintenance 1
Cesspit: Low build cost. +1 Housing, -1 Amenity. Maintenance 0

Hospital: Mid build cost. +2 Housing. Maintenance 2
Orphanage: Mid build cost. +1 Housing per eight citizens in city. Maintenance 2
Sanatorium: Mid build cost. +1 Housing. Additional +1 Housing, +1 Amenity if Desert Tile. Maintenance 2.

Sewers: High build cost. +3 Housing. Maintenance 3
Waterworks: High build cost. +1 Housing. Additional +1 Housing, +1 Amenities if tile has fresh water. Maintenance 3.
Health Spa: Mid build cost. +1 Housing, Tourism generated; the exact amount is twice the Appeal of the tile on which the Health Spa was built (same as seaside resort). Tile must be adjacent to mountain.

Water Treatment Plant: High build cost. +3 Housing. Maintenance 4.
Desalinization Plant: Very High build cost. +5 Housing. Maintenance 6. Tile must be adjacent to Coast.

I liked the later buildings giving tourism. Maybe adding some to the Entertainment Complexes too would make sense (like Stadiums giving tourism equal to double the number of amenities in that city or something of the like)

I'd filter them down to some options (because I want to make those "Residence Quarters" restricted to 1 early game to limit their power):
  • 1st tier:
    • Aqueduct: +2 Housing, needs fresh water, 1 maintenance cost. A bit higher production cost than the other ones
    • Latrines: +2 Housing, -1 Amenity, no maintenance cost
    • Insulae: +1 Housing, 1 maintenance cost
    • Bath (Roman Aqueduct replacement): +3 Housing, +1 Amenity, needs fresh water, 1 maintenance cost, same production cost as Latrines and Insulae.
  • 2nd tier:
    • Hospital: +2 Housing, 2 maintenance cost. +1 Housing if city has a Campus
    • Justice Court: +1 Housing, +1 Amenity, 1 maintenance cost. +1 Amenity if city has a Theatre Square
    • Orphanage: +2 Housing, 2 maintenance cost. +1 Amenity if city has a Holy Site
    • Militia Quarters: +2 Housing, 2 maintenance cost. +1 Amenity if city has an Encampment
    • Inn: +1 Housing, 1 Amenity, 2 maintenance cost. +1 Amenity if city has a Harbor, Commercial Hub or Industrial Zone (not cumulative)
  • 3rd tier:
    • Sewers: +3 Housing, 3 maintenance cost.
    • Police Station: +2 Housing, +1 Amenity, 3 maintenance cost
    • Tourist Center: +1 Amenity, gives tourism equal to the appeal of the tile. 2 maintenance cost.

Top Bottom