My citizens won't start a revolution

Misantroop

Chieftain
:confused:

Ok, So I have played this game (my first ever turnbased strategy) for the first time.

Now here is a thing I do not understand. I apparently need to start a revolution to win. To do that I need an army and victory bells. (or whatever the're called) now how is it that if the citizens of all my towns want to rebel (or at least 78% of them) that my overall percentage of pissed of ppl is only 42%. I just lost a game because of that. :sad:

How does it work. Why can't I get my ppl to start a revolution?

somebody plz explain to me... :confused:

In order to start the revolution your global rebel sentiment needs to be over 50%. This is measured over your total population including those outside colonies, eg scouts, pioneers, soldiers etc. The colony rebel sentiment only takes account of the workers in that colony.

Rebel sentiment depends on the production of liberty bells per turn. In order to increase that you need to employ more statesmen and also accept those founding fathers that help increase bell production.

This is measured over your total population including those outside colonies, eg scouts, pioneers, soldiers etc. The colony rebel sentiment only takes account of the workers in that colony.

That explains a lot. Thank you.

But as far as I can tell I can have at max 3 (elder) statesmen per town. So should I try to not have too many ppl per town? and how do I get my soldiers to be more rebellious? The same way as my workers?

But as far as I can tell I can have at max 3 (elder) statesmen per town. So should I try to not have too many ppl per town? and how do I get my soldiers to be more rebellious? The same way as my workers?

Yes you can only have three statesmen in a townhall. If you are playing a game with just a few very large colonies that does make it a bit harder to manage. Building Printing Press/Newspapers helps and there are plenty of FF who boost your liberty bell production (in a recent game I had several colonies producing 86 bells per turn each). If that is still not enough to get you over the line consider building a few small 'legislative' colonies with just three elder statemen and one farmer.

Colonists do not individually have any rebellious percentage, rather it is a collective equation which you can calculate as follows:

Potential rebel sentiment % = liberty bells per turn x 25 / total population

Your current rebel sentiment will trend towards this potential value over time. You can add up the number of bells you are producing from the Domestic Advisor screen, and your total population is 'All Units' minus 'No Profession' from your Military Advisor.

For more info see Axxon's excellent strategy article here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=293730

Top Bottom