[BTS] My Civilization in Progress (need Feedback on UU/UB, AI Coding, And Images)

The Aniyvnwiya Empire
The Southeastern Ceremonial Complex,
The Mississippians and their descendant nations
the cherokee, choctaw, chickasaw, mvskoke, Natchez and others

For Millennium Sacred Mounds and Flat Top pyramids of Raised Earth were built across The Southeastern Woodlands of north America. This Civilization Follows The Mound builders from the Adena and Hopewell Cultures to the Mississippian Empire to the Nations That Sprung forth after the overthrow of the anikwatani Ruling Caste in 1590. only now instead of separating in to numerous warring factions, the Aniyvnwiya, Choctaw, Chikasaw, The Mvskoke Confederacy and all other Nations and tribes who originate from the Mound-builders, Continue as a United Empire.

Starting Tech: Hunting, Agriculture
Town Names:
Spoiler :

Kituhwa
Adena
Kahokiya
Nani waiya
Natchez
Kusa
Etowah
Tanassi
Talikwa
Estato'e
Ustenali
Noyohi
Kawayi
Chuk'ka Pharra
Abihka
Tukabutche
Koweta
Chota
Si'tiku
Kanuga
Watauga
Chatanuga
Icheyi
Nukase
Nikwasi
Elije
Okoni
Tlanusiya
Tugalu
Hitchiti
Apalachi
Yamasi
Okfuski
Sawokli
Tamali
Chiaha
Abhhika
Alibamu
Koasati
Eufala
Hiwasi
Taskigi
Tomatli
Dakwa
Talassi
Nikajak
Amoyi

Last edited:
Unique Building: Mound(replaces courthouse)
+25% culture production
requires masonry

Unique Units:

Long Rifle
(Replaces Musketman)
Strength: 10
Moves: 1
Tech: Gunpowder
Resources: none
Other: +50% Against Melee
Starting Promotions:
Woodsmen I

Kalona
(Replaces Maceman)
same Stats as Maceman
will be able upgrade to musketman class(and therefore the UU)

Explorers, Galleys, Triremes, Caravels, Galleons, Frigates, Ship o the line, Cuirassiers, Crossbowman,War elephant, Pikeman, ,Chariots, Archer, Horse Archer, Maceman, Riflemen, Grenadiers, Cannon, Calvary and Infantry will have the same stats but a new appearance

New Appearances for archer, longbow, chariots, crossbow, war elephant, horsearcher, axeman, maceman, and pikeman, galley, caravel, galleon, ship of the line, explorer, rifleman, and grenadier
Spoiler :

Last edited:

-Tuskaloosa (Imperialistic, Industrious)
Tuskaloosa Was a High King of a Mississipian kingdom. when de soto first arrived in north america in the 16th Century, all Kingdoms and Chiefdoms Nearby Were his Vassals and his vassals feared him as much as his neighbors did. For Chief Tuskaloosa was no ordinary man, at nearly a foot and a half taller than the Spaniards, he was A Fierce Warlord whom many Spaniards Considered to be a Giant.

AI
(I Want This AI to Be an Imperialistic conqueror making everyone he can into his vassals, i also want him to be near impossible to make into a vassal, he would rather die, an unwilling to make peace so easily)

Last edited:
-Nanayehi (Charismatic, Protective)(1738-1824)
Nanyehi,also known in english as Nancy Ward, was a niece of the Emperor and War Chief Adagalkala and was of his clan, the Aniwahya. In the year 1751 she married a warrior named Chu'la (Kingfisher). At the Battle of Talliwa against the Forces of the mvskogean confederacy, she was dug in behind a log with her husband filing his bullets to give them serrated edges and loading his muskets for him as he repelled the Mvskoke advance. Kingfisher was Killed by a Mvskoke Musketman and upon seeing the great Warrior Kingfisher fall his warriors began to Flee. Nanyehi however did not flee, she picked up Kingfisher's Rifle and charged at the Mvskoke warriors Singing a War song and Rallying Kingfisher's men to victory. For this Great Victory when she turned 18 the next year she was awarded the Title of Tsiga'u (1st Beloved Woman) making her a member of the council of chiefs, she was also named the leader of the women's Council of Clan Representatives and took on the role of Ambassador and Negotiator for her People.

AI
(i want her to be militarily Defensive but much more open to trade and friendly)

Last edited:
-Dragging Canoe (Aggressive, Protective) (1738-1792)
Many Years Later at the onset of the revolutionary war Nanyehi's cousin, son of the Emperor Adagalkala, "he is Dragging his Canoe" wanted to ally with the british against the Americans but nanyehi pleaded to the Emperor ,the City Kings and the Warriors not to go to war with the settlers until they had tried to negotiate them to leave peacefully, while the main city kings and warriors were busying deliberating what to due a group of young warriors led by Dragging Canoe Began Attacking Settlements and forts in the Appalachian mountains. in response state militias attacked farms and destroyed crops until the the villages on the frontier would cede more land to them. The British Supplied Weapons and other supplies to dragging canoe to assist him in his efforts but in 1778 a force of 700 soldiers under colonel evan shelby attacked his warbands territories burning many settlements and keeping his attacks at bay and destroying many of the lower towns. the emperor Adagalkala and The War King Chota Wanted to sue for peace, but Dragging canoe unwilling to admit defeat led many warriors from the overhill towns south to establish 11 towns and continue his war. a nearby british Tradingpost owned by the Scot, John McDonald Supplied him with all the Weapons ammo and supplies they needed to continue there fight. he continued fighting the americans for 12 more years, until on february 29, 1792 he died from a heart attack after dancing in celebration all night long after their victories against the settlers and the conclusion of an alliance treaty with mvskoke and Choctaw against the americans

AI
(i want this leader ai to be very aggressive and defensive to those on his borders, and to be very unforgiving of betrayals. Protective Military Raider AI)

Last edited:
TO- DO List
There is lots to do so Currently the Priorities will be listed, and the obvious, mundane, and stuff i cant think off will not be listed

Leader Head Art (1/3)
Leader Ai (0/3)
Unique Unit recoding

New Appearances for
Spearman, Triremes, frigates Cuirassiers, Cannon, Calvary and Infantry

Civiopedia Entries for leaders and Nation
Completed
(or atleast unless i change stuff; Mundane stuff not listed)
Unique Building Art
Unique Building Button
Unique unit Button
Town names
Diplomacy music

New Appearances for
Archers,Chariots, Horse Archers,Axemen, long-bowmen ,Crossbowmen, Pikeman

New appearances for explorer, granadier, rifleman, galley, caravel, galleon, S.O.T.L.

Last edited:
(All text in blue are things i have questions about, im pretty new to modding on civ4)

ok now im pretty new to all this modding so lets first start with finishing choosing my unique building what building should the mound replace? im not even sure what kind of extra bonuses i want it to give possibly start Units with Woodsmen I or Defence bonus, earlier research tech than normal.

it really first depends on what exactly should it replace

Last edited:
SaibotLieh made a nice Nanye-Hi leaderhead some time ago.

There was also a Mississippian civilization made some time ago by cybrxkhan which could help in your endeavor.
Im really new to modding ,especially modular stuff and i was wondering if the code for the South america art style units provided by firaxis can by added as modular? i currently have them in my mod but not modular

Spoiler :

Spoiler Code :

<StyleUnit>
<UnitType>UNIT_ARCHER</UnitType>
<UnitMeshGroup>
<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_ARCHER_SOUTH_AMERICA</EarlyArtDefineTag>
<LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_ARCHER_SOUTH_AMERICA</LateArtDefineTag>
<MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_ARCHER_SOUTH_AMERICA</MiddleArtDefineTag>
</UnitMeshGroup>
</StyleUnit>

<StyleUnit>
<UnitType>UNIT_AXEMAN</UnitType>
<UnitMeshGroup>
<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_AXEMAN_SOUTH_AMERICA</EarlyArtDefineTag>
<LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_AXEMAN_SOUTH_AMERICA</LateArtDefineTag>
<MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_AXEMAN_SOUTH_AMERICA</MiddleArtDefineTag>
</UnitMeshGroup>
</StyleUnit>
<StyleUnit>
<UnitType>UNIT_CHARIOT</UnitType>
<UnitMeshGroup>
<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_CHARIOT_SOUTH_AMERICA</EarlyArtDefineTag>
<LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_CHARIOT_SOUTH_AMERICA</LateArtDefineTag>
<MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_CHARIOT_SOUTH_AMERICA</MiddleArtDefineTag>
</UnitMeshGroup>
</StyleUnit>
<StyleUnit>
<UnitType>UNIT_CROSSBOWMAN</UnitType>
<UnitMeshGroup>
<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_CROSSBOWMAN_SOUTH_AMERICA</EarlyArtDefineTag>
<LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_CROSSBOWMAN_SOUTH_AMERICA</LateArtDefineTag>
<MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_CROSSBOWMAN_SOUTH_AMERICA</MiddleArtDefineTag>
</UnitMeshGroup>
</StyleUnit>
<StyleUnit>
<UnitType>UNIT_HORSE_ARCHER</UnitType>
<UnitMeshGroup>
<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_HORSE_ARCHER_SOUTH_AMERICA</EarlyArtDefineTag>
<LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_HORSE_ARCHER_SOUTH_AMERICA</LateArtDefineTag>
<MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_HORSE_ARCHER_SOUTH_AMERICA</MiddleArtDefineTag>
</UnitMeshGroup>
</StyleUnit>
<StyleUnit>
<UnitType>UNIT_LONGBOWMAN</UnitType>
<UnitMeshGroup>
<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_LONGBOWMAN_SOUTH_AMERICA</EarlyArtDefineTag>
<LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_LONGBOWMAN_SOUTH_AMERICA</LateArtDefineTag>
<MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_LONGBOWMAN_SOUTH_AMERICA</MiddleArtDefineTag>
</UnitMeshGroup>
</StyleUnit>
<StyleUnit>
<UnitType>UNIT_MACEMAN</UnitType>
<UnitMeshGroup>
<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_MACEMAN_SOUTH_AMERICA</EarlyArtDefineTag>
<LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_MACEMAN_SOUTH_AMERICA</LateArtDefineTag>
<MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_MACEMAN_SOUTH_AMERICA</MiddleArtDefineTag>
</UnitMeshGroup>
</StyleUnit>
<StyleUnit>
<UnitType>UNIT_PIKEMAN</UnitType>
<UnitMeshGroup>
<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_PIKEMAN_SOUTH_AMERICA</EarlyArtDefineTag>
<LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_PIKEMAN_SOUTH_AMERICA</LateArtDefineTag>
<MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_PIKEMAN_SOUTH_AMERICA</MiddleArtDefineTag>
</UnitMeshGroup>
</StyleUnit>
<StyleUnit>
<UnitType>UNIT_WAR_ELEPHANT</UnitType>
<UnitMeshGroup>
<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_WAR_ELEPHANT_SOUTH_AMERICA</EarlyArtDefineTag>
<LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_WAR_ELEPHANT_SOUTH_AMERICA</LateArtDefineTag>
<MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_WAR_ELEPHANT_SOUTH_AMERICA</MiddleArtDefineTag>
</UnitMeshGroup>
</StyleUnit>

Top Bottom