my first game questions

Civ Person

BEAST
i am not done with my first game but am i doing good? its the renassance. i am being shaka(the zulu look awesome in a report i did) i have 9 cites. 3 holy cites, with confusis being my state. i have two great allies at friendly(moa and alexander) i am the strongest in the game, with my two friends being the 2 and 3 highest. my capital has like 10 wonders with ap. i have no enemys through the whole game. heres the question, should i have more military? i have about 7 in total. could some one please apply

7 military units???!!!! My god you're practically asking for someone to attack you. Yes you definitely need more. Check right now if anyone has "enough on their hands right now" and if they do build military like crazy. Actually, build military until you have at least three or four per city even if nobody is preparing for war. They don't all have to be in the cities. Border cities should get extra defenders, inner cities need less.

Thankfully your good at diplomacy but even that won't help you if you're that weak. What difficulty are you playing? That also makes a difference in how likely you are to be attacked.

thanks i will, sense this is my first game it is on settler. i like playing diplomaticly. i am clever at it.

is my economy good from what i have said?

i am no good with computers. how can i give you a save?

Hey in my experience if you mean that you only have 7 military units that seems really low. I tend to keep at least 2 units per city for defence and at least 5 (depending on the size of the map) for a quick reaction force. Also if you are the strongest in the game I think you should really be looking at fighting some wars. Shaka is well suited for war and you could set yourself up for an early victory if you knock off one or two of the smaller civilizations right now (especially before your allies suck them up and become bigger than you).
I find it's never good to just sit on a commanding lead because eventually, the AI's will get the heads in the game just when you are least prepared for it.

Go into your my documents/my games/Beyond the sword/saves/single folder, and find the save you want to show us. Then post a message on this board, and before entering it, look at the bottom of the screen: you should have a "manage attachments" button. Use it to take the save you noticed earlier and upload it on the forum.

i will try to post it. john: the vikings right next to me are weak with only 3 city, should i kill them? alexander could help me sice were friendly
i quess even if you play your cards right, you cant play peacefuly?
just so you know, i am on large, continents

If they are that weak then go for it. Make sure that you have enough units to cover the rest of your cities. Also check to make sure the Vikings don't have any defensive pacts before attacking. Ideally you don't want to involve Alexander I find it just complicates things when I bring allies into wars that I plan to be clean and quick. The last thing you want is his 'help' only to have him end up with two cities and you with one.

Top Bottom