Naeralith Reborn: Civ 5 Mod

I have almost finished putting together a lore update (a rather sizable one). It will be finished tomorrow as I've run out of time this evening lol :)

It includes the Gebashi Highlanders as well as expansions on Lewenkai wildlife, Scarthian religion, slavery and geography, as well as finishing off this nation by writing its music section.

There has also been a "language overhaul", where I have redone the names of languages and which nations speak said languages. In addition, there is a half complete section on one of the languages, including the letters and their equivalents in English, and the sounds of each letter. This section wont make it into the update but will appear very soon afterwards.

Also, I have proof read some of my earlier articles to remove mistakes and gramatical errors.

Once this update goes up I will be concentrating on getting some of the nations coded. TheChanger has completed many of the icons for the tech tree, nations and other components that will feature in the mod.

Stay tuned for the lore updates tomorrow :)

Al

UPDATES

I have completed various lore updates as detailed in my previous post.

This includes the creation of an entry on the Gebashi Highlanders.

In addition, I have almost completed a small section on the Godábi language, which I will upload when I get the chance :)

Enjoy the new lore and feel free to read on some of the expanded sections of Scarthia and Lewenkái :)

Al

ok, heres my critique of tier 3:

Theology: looks great :)

Arcane Schooling: looks ok, i wouldnt mind a different name though ;) maybe Colour Focus?

Revelry: Name is too similar to festivals. consider a different name perhaps?

City Planning: nice tech, but a more appropriate name would be 'irrigation'. but its prereqs do not really logically flow to irrigation.

Riding: good :) i also like charioteering and logistics changes.

City Defence: Nice tech :)

Engineering: Good

Renaissance: name isnt really appropriate to a single tech esp for a fantasy setting. id much prefer a different name.

Entertainment: again, too similar to festivals and revelry. something like 'environmental manipulation' (as in enchanting stuff (enchanter), magnifying acoustics and making insides of buildigns seem bigger (theatres and opera house)

Archeology: im unsure why the Archives are not enabled by THIS tech, and also why it require city planning. itd be better to require Renaissance and move it to the next era methinks.

Mounted Warfare: looks fine

War Machines: looks fine

Aesthetics: fine

Divine Service: Fine

Decadence: Fine, but if it requires Renaissance itll tangle teh tech tree up :(

Tactics: fine

Machinery: fine

Seafaring: Fine

Religious Law: fine

Arcane Warfare fine

Invasion: Not best name, surely there would have been invasions prior to this tech?

Vasselage: nice tech but io dislike the name and position in the tech tree. id ratehr call it slavery and have it require conquest. (ill show you waht i mean later with a pic)

i just tried to design the tech tree again but it crashed again and im too tired to bother redoing it now ;)

UPDATES

In response to TheChangers suggestions and my own thoughts, I have updated tier 3 to follow a more logical pattern, reworking techs, names and effects.

The remaining tiers will follow soon :)

See below for the exact changes made:

Spoiler Changes :

Renamed Arcane Schooling to Manaphysics
Renamed Revelry to Commerce
Renamed Invasion to Imperialism
Renamed Vassalage to Enforcement

Renaissance now requires Theology, Manaphysics and Commerce
Entertainment now requires only Commerce
Divine Service now requires only Renaissance
Arcane warfare now requires Renaissance
Enforcement now requires only Tactics
Imperialism now requires Tactics and War Machines

Archeology moved to tier 10

Archives building moved from Renaissance to Archeology
Happiness from Renaissance swapped with golden age from Decadence
Renaissance now provides +10% culture towards acquisition of social policies
Puppet cities swapped from Enforcement to Imperialism

Al

UPDATES

Added Era 4 to the tech tree.

The wonders have yet to be detailed, but will be added soon :)

As always please feel free to give me your opinions on how the techs fit together and any suggestions or improvements you may have :)

Al

UPDATES

Added Era 5 to the tech tree, completing the initial tech tree design! :D

The wonders for eras 4 and 5 will be designed soon and work can now begin on initial coding and detailed civ design.

Stay tuned for more updates! :)

Al

First of all, Welcome to the forums MightyIsis! :wavey: nice to see a new face :)

Second of all, very nice tech design Al, its looking great :) i cant find anything wrong with it (yet;) )

And finally, i have finished making the Tech button icons, with all the different size requirements and alpha channels all ready to go :). ive sepparated it into 2 downloads, Part A which is the first half of the tech tree, and Part B with is the second half (obviously)

Part A

Part B

here are a couple of screenies for the lazy ;)

Spoiler :

Can you please do the lore for the undead faction next?

Hi there MightyIsis :) I must admit I am quite excited to write the lore for Margoria... they are pretty unique by Naeralith standards. I will probably open another voting poll for the next lore entry though. You can vote for Margoria when I post it... should be quite soon :)

First of all, Welcome to the forums MightyIsis! :wavey: nice to see a new face :)

Second of all, very nice tech design Al, its looking great :) i cant find anything wrong with it (yet;) )

And finally, i have finished making the Tech button icons, with all the different size requirements and alpha channels all ready to go :). ive sepparated it into 2 downloads, Part A which is the first half of the tech tree, and Part B with is the second half (obviously)

Part A

Part B

here are a couple of screenies for the lazy ;)

Spoiler :

Stunning for sure!!!! You've done a damn good job with these! I'll start putting them to use right away :D

Al

Thanks.

I am really looking forward to this mod, Margoria especially.

For Civ 4 I loved Fall From Heaven 2 and this seems to be a true spiritual successor.

Margoria seems a lot like the Scions of Patria from FFH2 which were my favorite side.

I can't wait to see your take on a nation of undead, I just love that concept.

Thanks.

I am really looking forward to this mod, Margoria especially.

For Civ 4 I loved Fall From Heaven 2 and this seems to be a true spiritual successor.

Margoria seems a lot like the Scions of Patria from FFH2 which were my favorite side.

I can't wait to see your take on a nation of undead, I just love that concept.

FFH was a brilliant mod! I got a lot of enjoyment from it for sure! XD

I guess Naeralith Reborn is doomed to be viewed as a spiritual successor to FFH... but the idea and lore I have been working on way before playing civ 4 even lol

I did originally start NR as a FFH mod, but then Civ 5 was announced ;)

Scions of Patria, if I recall, were introduced to one of FFH's modmods? I dont know much about them, but am pretty sure Margoria is very different, as is Necromancy and the concept of undead in my universe.

Margoria is pretty nasty as far as a nation goes. I will start up a voting poll now. If Margoria wins, I hope you enjoy how I describe them :)

Ty again for the interest. Stay tuned for updates!

Al

From what I gather, Margoria rather sounds like the Legion of D'tesh, a civilization of undead minions under the control of a single man, Lord D'tesh, and some of his closest followers.

The Scions of Patria are all undeads but aren't being controlled by anyone.

From what I gather, Margoria rather sounds like the Legion of D'tesh, a civilization of undead minions under the control of a single man, Lord D'tesh, and some of his closest followers.

The Scions of Patria are all undeads but aren't being controlled by anyone.

Yeah I'd agree that Margoria is much more akin to the Legion of D'tesh than the Scions of Patria :)

Al

UPDATES

Added unique buildings to Scarthia.

More to come soon :)

Al

I'm really looking forward to see what you did with the languages (being a linguistics student and loving to conlang). Any teaser? :D

I'm really looking forward to see what you did with the languages (being a linguistics student and loving to conlang). Any teaser? :D

Lol well I will be putting some info up soon ;)

I've worked mainly on Godábi, the native Godembái language that is also spoken in Lewenkái, Newetah and Scarthia.

Also, yes that is my horrible handwriting ;)

You may notice some similarities to Spanish (probably the closest earth language to Godábi).

Under the rules of the language, the national names for the four main speakers of Godábi (go-daa-bee) would be pronounced as follows:

Godembái: Go-dem-baa-ee
Lewenkái: Leh-wen-kaa-ee
Newetah: Neh-we-ta
Scarthia: Sca-rrr-tee-a (the rrr representing a rolling "r" sound)

Hope you like the teaser ;)

Al

nice UBs for scarthia there, one thing though: that is an awful lot of unhappiness, you might find it would be a very early game breaker to have to decide on constructing buildigns or allowng your pop to grow (Especially with their trait) may i suggest either boosting the happiness gained from their happiness UBs like the 'street whores' (i laughed at this one btw), or we may possibly need to reassess their traits.

Sounds nice Alzara :)

(I won't ask for more, I'm gonna patiently wait!)

nice UBs for scarthia there, one thing though: that is an awful lot of unhappiness, you might find it would be a very early game breaker to have to decide on constructing buildigns or allowng your pop to grow (Especially with their trait) may i suggest either boosting the happiness gained from their happiness UBs like the 'street whores' (i laughed at this one btw), or we may possibly need to reassess their traits.

Yeah I might remove some of the earlier unhappiness (so as not to cause crippling effects in the early game). The hammers from unhappiness (based on Chamber of Anguish) should balance the negative effects somewhat. I'll have a think on this :)

Sounds nice Alzara :)

(I won't ask for more, I'm gonna patiently wait!)

Hehe ty :) There will be more information soon and I'd love to hear your feedback, especially considering you are a linguist!

Al

Yeah I might remove some of the earlier unhappiness (so as not to cause crippling effects in the early game). The hammers from unhappiness (based on Chamber of Anguish) should balance the negative effects somewhat. I'll have a think on this

this sounds like a good fix :)

ive made some changes to the tech buttons and here are the new downloads for those who are interested:

PART A

PART B

Top Bottom