Naeralith Reborn: Civ 5 Mod

the religions are going to be worked directly into the individual civs i believe :) we might sepparate them in a religion mod later but its unlikely.

so the design wont be going to waste :)

Yeah this is how we've planned it. Religion will be woven into each civ :)

Al

A sugestion about policies: They could be used to simulate religion. Each religion branch would be mutualy exclusive with one branch being free religion and one atheist/agnostic (if aplicable). The free religion branch could provide the lesser, initial bonuses of the various religions, while dedicationg your civ to a religion could unlock some fairly powerfull bonuses not availible to others. The problem with this aproach would be policy-bloating if you combine this with the government trees.

I figured it would be a shame to waste the ideas and designwork put inte the religions.

I can see this working to a point, though I'd like to keep policies open for other potential options. I plan on weaving the various aspects of religion into each civ anyway so the original religions I designed should not go to waste :)

Al

Design looks cool, man. I look forward to learning more.

The banners are impressive too.

Design looks cool, man. I look forward to learning more.

The banners are impressive too.

Why thank you :)

Hope this mod will be of interest to you as it develops! Feel free to contribute ideas and opinions as we progress :)

Al

UPDATES

Some civilisation descriptions added. More to come soon in the way of traits and the brief descriptions for the final 3 nations :)

Al

The more you discuss about this, the more it remind me of Aion for some reason.

Lol never played it. Heard of it though. Isnt everybody in that game some sort of angel?

Al

Lol never played it. Heard of it though. Isnt everybody in that game some sort of angel?

Al

yes, and this is what the game is about.

wikipedia said:
In the beginning, Aion benevolently watched over his world Atreia. He created the humans, and the Balaur to safeguard and watch over them. Eventually, the Balaur became obsessed with power and subjugation. Five of the Balaur rose to a height of strength above the rest, and became known as the five Dragon Lords. When Aion refused to grant them the power they desired, the power to rival his own, they revolted and declared war on the god that created them. Aion's hand was forced, and he created the twelve Empyrean Lords, beings of divinity and power to protect the Tower of Eternity.

Some humans "ascended" to become Daeva and, like the Empyrean Lords, had wings and the ability to fight the Balaur. With time, enough Daevas rose to form an army. The Empyrean Lords would lead the Daeva into battle and fight ceaselessly. Eventually an attempt at peace with the Balaur was made. The five Dragon Lords were invited inside the barrier for peace talks, but before the peace-talks could begin, one of the Dragon Lords was slain by an unknown assailant. In the fighting that followed, the Tower of Eternity was destroyed, resulting in the cataclysm that broke Atreia in half. Those Empyrean Lords who opposed peace came to power in the dark part of the world, and became known as the Shedim Lords. Those who had desired peace became the Seraphim Lords and ruled over the lower half of Atreia.

Those that lived in the light part of the world, the Elyos, saw little change. These followers of the Seraphim Lords created the city of Sanctum. The inhabitants of the upper part, the Asmodians, saw many changes. Their hands became claw-like, their feet became talons. The darkness made their complexion deepen, and their eyes grew red adapting to the absence of light. They live in the city of Pandaemonium under the rule of the Shedim Lords.

Players begin the game as human inhabitants of their chosen world (Elysea or Asmodae) who are basic mercenaries/raiders, given small tasks to accomplish. Through completing these tasks increasing in magnitude, preventing the Balaur from being summoned to the beginning zone, they "ascend" as winged, immortal Daevas. Characters then travel their respective capital cities to begin their new lives as holy servants of their respective people. The story and tone of the game differ between the worlds, as do the landscapes and characters one encounters; however the basic linear progression is the same.

So is this fantasy mod going to be somewhat of a high fantasy mod like Aion, and Final Fantasy? or is it going to be a gothic styled game like Risen, Gothic series, and Fall from Heaven 2?

Also a question about City-States, since this is a fantasy mod, i'm thinking that instead of calling them city-states, i rather call them "Guild Halls", and each Guild Hall. Each Guild hall got a unique name that provides it reason, rather it be a "Scholars Guild" that if allied it will give you an increase on science points, or a "Merchant Guild" that gives you gold and if you add in a special mod component, you might be able to purchase unique items for gold, and if you ally with them, you get a discount on purchases.

So is this fantasy mod going to be somewhat of a high fantasy mod like Aion, and Final Fantasy? or is it going to be a gothic styled game like Risen, Gothic series, and Fall from Heaven 2?

This is nothing like Aion at all. and trust me when i say its very Dark Fantasy akin to FfH, Alzara has made sure of that :p.

Also a question about City-States, since this is a fantasy mod, i'm thinking that instead of calling them city-states, i rather call them "Guild Halls", and each Guild Hall.

i dislike this idea, for a few reasons: because city states are common in Naeralith, particularly in lewenkai and i can see them being common in the more nomadic Godembai and the aristocratic Morzardrey. all other civs would have brack away city states as well. second, Guild Halls would not set up a single city in the middle of the wilderness, they would incorporate into a large city.

If this idea was drawing on corporations or guilds from FfH, we wont be adding those in any time soon (or at all) ;)

EDIT: btw, nice summaries there AL :)

I look forward to seeing this rich world develop. The only mod I am more exited to see is Eden (RiFE team's next project). I will continue to watch this mod with great interest. Good luck :goodjob:

I really hope that this will be the Civ 5 version of FfH2; a fantasy mod that is unique and takes inspiration from other sources, but still feels fresh and original. Ever since playing Civ 5 i have felt the need to play FfH3, but hopefully this will be the game i'll play instead. Good luck, i've never done any coding before but i'd be glad to help you out with anything you need.

short-answer: the mind

After reading most of the discription's of the nation's... It does somehow relate towards Fall from Heaven, however different cause of the edition's of fae's, a evil undead society instead of a neutral one, no shades, and only 3 missing description's.

I am interested into this, and wonder how vast the terrain going to be in this game. How unique the improvements, and if possible, add some animation among the improvement's. If I could, i might design some, but I don't know where to start to design some textures and release them in some mod texture packs for everyone to use.

This is nothing like Aion at all. and trust me when i say its very Dark Fantasy akin to FfH, Alzara has made sure of that :p.

i dislike this idea, for a few reasons: because city states are common in Naeralith, particularly in lewenkai and i can see them being common in the more nomadic Godembai and the aristocratic Morzardrey. all other civs would have brack away city states as well. second, Guild Halls would not set up a single city in the middle of the wilderness, they would incorporate into a large city.

If this idea was drawing on corporations or guilds from FfH, we wont be adding those in any time soon (or at all) ;)

EDIT: btw, nice summaries there AL :)

I agree, city states should remain and they will be a v important part of NR as they are in civ 5 :)

Al

I look forward to seeing this rich world develop. The only mod I am more exited to see is Eden (RiFE team's next project). I will continue to watch this mod with great interest. Good luck :goodjob:

I remember RiFE being very interesting. The entire FfH mod was very well thought out and incredibly enjoyable to play :)
I'm glad you are interested in NR and hope you stick around to see how it develops :)
Any input you have or opinions on what is developed please feel free to post here. I've said this a few times, but I am keen to involve the community as much as I can in the development of NR :)

I really hope that this will be the Civ 5 version of FfH2; a fantasy mod that is unique and takes inspiration from other sources, but still feels fresh and original. Ever since playing Civ 5 i have felt the need to play FfH3, but hopefully this will be the game i'll play instead. Good luck, i've never done any coding before but i'd be glad to help you out with anything you need.

I hope this mod can provide the gaming experience you desire! :) It is still very early in the works so it is a good time to get involved! You dont necesserily have to be a coder to help out with the mod. Even simple opinions, ideas and advice can be very useful! Most of the coding will probably be down to me in the end (I'm used to it... working in software and all) ;) If you want to get involved then send me a PM and we can discuss it. That goes for anyone else who wants to help out as well :)

Did this came out of a book or does this came out of yall's mind?

This mod is inspired by Naeralith; a world of my creation. I have been slowly creating aspects of it over the years, including to-be-released novels, comics and other lore-based content.

The site is still very much in the works... and is a little ammatuerish... but it contains some lore that you might enjoy reading :)

Naeralith is Alzara's creation all from the deep dark depths of his mind. Im certain there is some inspiration drawn from fall from heaven, even if it is subconsious. but even the civs that DO look to be slightly similar on the surface (Alvacon and Amurites) are actually very dissimilar.

EDIT: NInjad :p

interesting...

To come up with this much, you must spend alot of time on how to design this and developing cores for it to make it look strong and decent. Alot of time of revising, giving it some sense, instead of none, and writing a plot for this whole thing before you started turning it into a mod, a comic,and novel (series?). How long did it take you to come up all of this without so much mistakes and problems?

interesting...

To come up with this much, you must spend alot of time on how to design this and developing cores for it to make it look strong and decent. Alot of time of revising, giving it some sense, instead of none, and writing a plot for this whole thing before you started turning it into a mod, a comic,and novel (series?). How long did it take you to come up all of this without so much mistakes and problems?

A long time ;)

Al

Hi Alzara,

it's great that a first fantasy mod is announced for Civ5, especially with much creativity already invested. Your concept as far as it's revealed sounds good and I'm looking forward to watch your mod evolve.
The only fear I have is that some civs are too similar to some of Fall from Heaven (Pirates and Bannor-style especially), but you get the benefit of the doubt that there will be in fact a difference between the mods. ;)

You'll get my opinion on anything you post, if I've got something to say, just as you request. :p

Good luck with keeping up the motivation and finding some more people that you can work together with!

Top Bottom