1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Native Alliances

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Strategy & Tips' started by thelebk, Oct 12, 2009.

1. thelebk

thelebk Chieftain

It seems some Indian tribes are happy to sign defense pacts with me, but others just never "like me enough" to do so. What is the best way to get their sentiment up to get more allies for the War of Indep?

2. echosfolly

echosfolly Chieftain

Ive done it by giving them what they want through trade.Usually guns.

3. thelebk

thelebk Chieftain

I tried that. It made no difference.

4. Karstedt

Karstedt Warlord

Some are just anti-colonist. If you really want to get most of them to ally up, you probably need to get several of the FF's that give native relations bonuses. In one game I have everyone but Monty and one other tribe allied with me. Of course they didn't do much to help me against the invaders.

5. thelebk

thelebk Chieftain

I had most of the FF's for native realtions and it made no difference. I agree they are little more than speed bumps for the REF. Has anyone managed to ally with 4 or more of the tribes? How did you achieve this?

6. Molybdeus

Molybdeus Prince

They are more useful for dealing with other tribes and your rival colonials.

7. thelebk

thelebk Chieftain

Their use is immaterial if no one can get them to ally with them :) Has anyone been able to secure alliances with 4+ Indian tribes, and if so what did you do? Thanks.

8. w2w2w

w2w2w Warlord

I had 4+ tribes, dont go on there land without paying, have missions done on them, go the easiet tribe ( logan) to hardest, actually give supplies away and trade, and you should be fine

9. thelebk

thelebk Chieftain

did you give away just any old supply to them, or what the village was specifically requesting?

10. yanner39

yanner39 Emperor

If a defensive pact is signed, will the native tribe help in defeating the REF?

11. dalgo

dalgo Emperor

Yes, although what help they can give is minimal. If you supply them with guns and horses in advance they may slow the King's troops down a little but that's about all.

12. Molybdeus

Molybdeus Prince

Also note that your borders will expand and likely destroy the nearby villages of native tribes, so it's unlikely that there will be many natives nearby to do any fighting for you anyway. You will usually be allied with tribes next to your opponents rather than yourself.