Need help to continue game with mods

subtledoctor

Warlord
My situation: I enabled a bunch of mods, then started a game. Didn't like that start, so pressed "restart game" so that I wouldn't have to go through the whole annoying advanced setup again. (I increase the number of civs by 50% every time to add challenge and variety and geographical pressure... but it's an annoying process.

Result, a new game with the same settings, 16 civs, and it turned out to be a really interesting, fun-looking map. Not so great for me - kind of lacking in initial resources - but interesting geography, lots of civs near each other, ready to fight for elbow room once they hit ~3 cities, etc. I want Athens, but Athens looks extremely defensible, it will be very challenging. All in all, fun!

So I played through 100 turns (on epic duration)... and then realized that my mods weren't working. I guess using the "restart game" wipes out mods and starts a vanilla game with the chosen settings? I don't know. But this is extremely frutstrating, and I really wanna play a game on this map.

Is there a way to get this done? Can I save the map, or make it a scenario, and then load it with mods?

I tried setting <AffectsSavedGames> in the relevant mods, but it seems to have no effect, they do not seem to be enabled even if I load the 4000 BC save.

I think Steam updated the game recently... and now it seems crashy and doesn't play well with mods. This is extremely frustrating. Any advice appreciated!

pretty sure the "restart game" button is like clicking that "play now" button: no advanced settings are saved incl. extra civs, CS etc. (not sure about special rules like raging barbs) so mods would be screwed by it as well i guess.

I had no problem restarting game with mods working, that is odd...

Top Bottom