New Civ: The Huns

All you guys got to do is ask, and i will make a new civ, oh wait, i did make a newer civ than this one(in Jan 08, i think). Forgot where i put it, but if you need it again, i can find it, its around someplace.

EDIT: I just made a Uyghur civ for a personal request, just waiting for feedback from individual now.

Okay I think I have some pretty good skinning going on attila. Since its obviously gilgamesh its cool I was able to rig the beard to move too!

I still need some background that matches. attached are pix.

Very cool! :goodjob:

All you guys got to do is ask, and i will make a new civ, oh wait, i did make a newer civ than this one(in Jan 08, i think). Forgot where i put it, but if you need it again, i can find it, its around someplace.

EDIT: I just made a Uyghur civ for a personal request, just waiting for feedback from individual now.

what did you do for units?

@chuggi

thanks! I'm pretty happy with it so far!

what did you do for units?

I didnt do too much, more or less like Civ Gold does, just a two unit civ. A Tarkan and a HorseArcher. But if someone wants to tell me what units to use, i can make it into a much bigger civ the way i like them, at least 10 units per civ. Right now i am in the process of making a new MOD with only TONS and TONS of flavor units and no Fantasy units involved, just normal civs.

Okay I think I have some pretty good skinning going on attila. Since its obviously gilgamesh its cool I was able to rig the beard to move too!

I'm with the Wolf on this one: nice going, Ekmek!:goodjob:

@strategyonly: Care to elaborate on that mod of yours? Any ETA?:confused:

This is a BTS module about the huns: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=257183. I also plan to update this (this is why I have requested the Attila LH), but I am busy with the hungarian mod.

EDIT: Ups... I've just recognized that the file isn't up anymore... Well, I'll fix that very soon...

EDIT2: @strategyonly: you had a hun mod indeed. It would be great if you would post a link (but in the other thread, please) so I could start my work on your updates. You would save me very much time...

eDIT3: I already know a good unit I will use for this mod. It fits very much to Ekmeks LH. But I won't tell you which unit :p

@strategyonly: Care to elaborate on that mod of yours? Any ETA?:confused:

Sure, its going to be all the Standard Civs of Civ4 (no fantasy stuff)plus a few more (with tons of flavor units), then later alot more, but only real civs of the world, with the Exception of Like just plain Africa, Asia, Europe etc. That way if you dont way to say play Zulu you can just play Africa, if you dont want to play Viking/Spain/Germany etc you can just play Europe etc. But it will be real stuff that is actually happend or happening now. Like The European Union.
I am having problems with the religion stuff now, just doesnt work the way its supposed to, it founds one religion then asks for another one and gives me both and both holy cities, just not right, but i dont know of anyone that knows how to fix this problem??????
Also i will not include any SDK or dll features, that way it will be better for multiplayer. have been working on this now three months, and am about between 1.2 to 3/4 way done, i have like fifteen more civs to do for a starting period.

This is a BTS module about the huns: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=257183. I also plan to update this (this is why I have requested the Attila LH), but I am busy with the hungarian mod.

EDIT: Ups... I've just recognized that the file isn't up anymore... Well, I'll fix that very soon...

EDIT2: @strategyonly: you had a hun mod indeed. It would be great if you would post a link (but in the other thread, please) so I could start my work on your updates. You would save me very much time...

I havent even looked at that Hun Civ since back in Jan, but was putting together a Hungary one also. But see mine are not all that complicated with the Diplo stuff and music, i leave that up to the person that wants to make a full mod out of what i and others provide to the CFC Community.
I just looked and i included the Tarkan but never actually put him into the game, its just a unit there. I think this is your version, with a different flag , i cant really remember. But if you want it here it is, but dont expect to much. And i am pretty sure you have all this.

ok, new screenies. i worked on trying to do a burning background. I'm going to add more smoke but I have a question on the lighting. I've never done this before but i tweaked the lighting to be RED to give the feel of fire around him and you can see the glow on his armor helmet and face? does it look alright? or weird?

In the 1st and 3rd screenshot it looks sort of like he's bald with a plastic transparent helmet. Could you try with yellow lighting instead? It would diffuse better with the white/grey in the helmet. I do like the idea of using lighting.

Actually, I thought it looked pretty perfect the first time. Anyway, I still don't get the impression of transparence. If there's fire close, your bound to get a red/yellow/orange glow (and the background definitely suggests something fiery). Pretty appropriate for the Flagellum Dei.:thumbsup:

BTW, Fierabras, how was your holiday? You were in France?

this orange may do it? what do you think?

EDIT: the second picture has the orange values cut in half to make it less glowy - i think better

I agree with the 2nd picture. Very nice indeed! :goodjob:
JEELEN is right, it was already good enough, but I think with the lighting it's even better.

Actually, I thought it looked pretty perfect the first time. Anyway, I still don't get the impression of transparence. If there's fire close, your bound to get a red/yellow/orange glow (and the background definitely suggests something fiery). Pretty appropriate for the Flagellum Dei.:thumbsup:

BTW, Fierabras, how was your holiday? You were in France?

Very nice holiday in France. I did some work on building a natural stone house and saw the Tour de France live for the first time.

Love the civ but my only problem with this is it makes my fav civ, mongols, useless.

Top Bottom