New Editor Thread

Sid

Observer and Participant
Supporter
OK. Now have Editor; will Edit!

I would be interested to hear from anyone who's a) been able to get those nib-file Add/Delete buttons to work; and b) has added non-standard units -- where did you get them?

Any tips that anyone has about the Editor, I'd really appreciate hearing from you.

Sid, I've not messed w/ the editor since 1.29 beta patches were released. I've not tried adding units, but I was successful in at least installing the add/delete nib-files. There is a thread here explaining how its done, can't recall myself.

I've been absent from the boards (moved), but I was under the impression that the 1.21g editor wouldn't work w/ the beta 1.29 patch. Did you install the beta 1.29?

djb, I have a separate 'Editing' folder with a minimum install of Civ3 + Civ3Edit. My main install of Civ3 is Brad's latest Beta of 1.29. The Editor appears to work fine with this set-up. However, I have not successfully produced a scenario yet because the Settler fields get zeroed for all civs and even if I fix it for the Player1 -- Human Player, the others just wander over the map, unable to 'settle'. I sent a sav game off to Brad who has noticed this in the other threads.

Additionally, I have never managed to see the add/delete buttons, despite numerous d/ls and installs, so my blood pressure rises whenever I see ".nib" anywhere.

At this stage, I am playing other games during 'game time', but I am intrigued to see what Brad has in store for us, 'shortly.'

Yes, i've observed that the 1.21 editor crashes on start up with the 1.29 beta 2 patch installed. The editor worked well before the update. So, if one wants the game updated to 1.29 then one loses the editor...

I think Sid's idea is a good one till patch 1.29b2 and Editor are compatible: to install a non-patched Civ3 on a partition of the HD with the editor. Right?:D

Yeah Mike, I think it will work fine, providing I don't mess with Settlers or Workers. Something I'm doing prevents the 'flow' of my British Empire mod.

Top Bottom