New Giant (180x90) map!

@StefanosG
I subscribed to the mod, but can't get it to work. I disabled all other mods, but CrazyLand doesn't appear in the list of available maps. I copied the .civ5Map file to my Maps folder and the map then appeared. However, it didn't work very well. All starting locations were in forest, and most of the time there were no luxury resources nearby. Please let me know if you need more information or have any suggestions. Thanks.

@StefanosG
I subscribed to the mod, but can't get it to work. I disabled all other mods, but CrazyLand doesn't appear in the list of available maps. I copied the .civ5Map file to my Maps folder and the map then appeared. However, it didn't work very well. All starting locations were in forest, and most of the time there were no luxury resources nearby. Please let me know if you need more information or have any suggestions. Thanks.
Yes, a lot of maps I've subbed to needed to be manually transferred to the maps folder. The starting location and resource spawns are totally random, you should be able to get something decent after a couple of re-rolls if you don't like your start, I don't usually have too much trouble and there will most likely be good places with plenty of luxuries nearby to expand to... And yes, there is quite a bit of forest in some areas. :p

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I played around with the map in debug mode and was able to obtain better starting locations. As you said, lots of natural wonders! Spain should have a blast. An observation: You should document that the mod won't work unless the .civ5Map file is copied to the maps folder. Better yet, change the mod so this action isn't necessary. All in all, a nice map.

Thanks for the reply. I played around with the map in debug mode and was able to obtain better starting locations. As you said, lots of natural wonders! Spain should have a blast. An observation: You should document that the mod won't work unless the .civ5Map file is copied to the maps folder. Better yet, change the mod so this action isn't necessary. All in all, a nice map.
I think most people who play custom made maps would know by now that the file needs to be moved but I did add that into the description on steam today. Enjoy your game! :D

Top Bottom