New House Inverted Units!

Hello! If any of you have seen my House Inverted units already, I have combined them into a complete mod.
I have also added TWO MORE UNITS!
Check them out!

Maceman carrying an Axe (courtesy of Rabbitwhite)

Inverted Squire (Knights Templar)

And here's them all together!

Huzzah!!

Attachments

• Complete_House_Inverted.zip
    200.2 KB · Views: 331
Great stuff :goodjob:

You can really call those knights templars. They look nothing like them, and teh knights symbol was not an axe.

Los Tirano said:
You can really call those knights templars. They look nothing like them, and teh knights symbol was not an axe.

I merely was pointing out that the "Knights templar" unit was the one i reskinned. This is a basic unit that comes with civ4 but is not actually in the game. This is not a knights templar , it is an Inverted Squire

i figured it's time to show the real inverters so here is a picture of (most) of us:

(estrella war xxi)

I am in the kneeling row and am the second from the left with the wing-shield.

Now i see why you did this. Historical re-enacters, awesome. I know a few people in the same types of clubs. I prefer sabre fencing.

Well, we don't have "saber fencing" but if that is the same as "rapier fencing", then we do! Rapier combat in the SCA is like fencing with a foil, except rapiers are big and heavy, and dont bend so much.

How big and heavy? We also have the epee, a heavier foil. Its the closest to the duelling rapier. The whole body is target, but not many people guard their legs well. :lol:

They are pretty big. I know very little about rapier combat (aka swishy-poke) as I fight hardsuit only, where we just like pounding the crap outta each other. Maybe this link will bring you an answer to you question: http://www.sca.org

Where are you from? I bet there is a Barony in your area!!

you noticed out weapons perhaps look unusual? Pictured above are nine-foot spears or pikes, glaives, a halberd, and longswords and falchions. The reason that they arent metal or spikey is because we actually do full contact battle and we dont want to kill anyone for real. The era gererally refered to in the SCA is the 1100's, but any period up to and through the renaissance (until the point were firearms replaced melee weapons).

Well, that was my point exactly on the "swords" handle... it comes from the late middle ages.

Oh, you are refering to the 'basket hilts'? You are right about that. I have a perioud cold iron longsword and it does not have the basket hilts because it represents a early sword, but in the live combat recreations, we either have to use these simple basket hilts, or we have to purchase (or build) cumbersome gauntlets for our hands. This is not preferred for longswords and such because it is far simpler to use the saftey basket hilts.

Now with great swords or claymores, one must wear gauntlets for protection as it would be impossible to affix basket hilts to them, and you wouldnt be able to fight properly either.

Wow, I certainly didn't expect you to be SCA, that's awesome.

Top Bottom