1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Python RFC Like Style Game?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Louis the XIV, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

I had an idea and am curious if it will work, I'm going to test it out as soon as I get to my PC but before I do I was just wanted to ask if something like this would actually be possible.
    So my idea is to make a variable called Turn which = 0.
    And under the def onTurnEnd function I put Turn += 1, so every time the player ends the turn the variable Turn gets +1 added to it.
    So here is the main idea, I make a statement which is if Turn == 10 or whatever I want then lets say CIVILIZATION_FRANCE gets 1 settler and a warrior at coordinates x and y.
    The only problem would be where should I put the if Turn == 10 statement. Maybe under def onBeginTurn?
    Well tell me your thoughts about this idea!

PiR likes this.
  2. lfgr

lfgr King

You can use gc.getGame().getGameTurn() instead of counting turns yourself.

Louis the XIV likes this.
  3. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Wouldn't it be better to check the game date instead of turns? So you wouldn't have problems with differen game speed.

4. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

Of course! That would be much better!
    Is there like a gc.GetDate.()GetGameDate function?
    Thanks! That would be easier

5. lfgr

lfgr King

Maybe getGameTurnYear()? There is a python reference here, if you don't know already.

PiR and Louis the XIV like this.