new succ. game japanese all welcome

Sword of Leo

Chieftain
new succesion game, i can't ACTUALLY play but i'm overseeing the new Japanese empire, meant for newbies, it should be at the chieftain level, anywone willing to start can go ahead, i'll be checking in periodically to keep everywone in order so look Sharp!:sniper: :santa:

Hi there,

I would like to try this one, as this is my first time and I want to gain some experience. Are you starting it? Thanks for being patient with a newbie:p

I guess you mean that you want someone else to start it and you just want to watch it. I'll take that on. I'll post the game in an hour or so.

MOTHER RUSSIA

i would like to join in on this game, or is it to late?

I'd like to wait for the commentary before I play, so I won't start until tomorrow morning. So if some one else picks it up tonight before I post again, go for it!

Mother Russia, are you going to post a commentary? I am playing my turn now without it BTW.

Ok here goes for my first commentary!

The mighty emperor Lord Chuck takes over the mighty Japanese empire in 2710 B.C. Our majestic city of Kyoto rests on a beautiful crystal-clear lake, surrounded by grass, a few hills, and even a roaming herd of thunderous beasts we will refer to as "horses." Our workers are in the mountains mining, and some nearby lands are irrigated using precious water from the lake.

2710 BC: The mining is stopped becasue it will be several generations before our people move from the fertile grasslands to work the mighty hills. Instead, they will mine the grasslands because irrigation provides no added benefit under despotism and since the workers are there anyway, why not have them make more shields? Our intrepid explorer pushes east, and the warrior in Kyoto is awoken to quickly scout to the south.

2670: Mining and exploring.

2630: Our warrior climbs a vast peak to the West and gasps as he beholds the wonders that lie beyond. Vast graslands lay beyond with more horses and large tracts of vinyards. He reccomends that this area be settled! Our recently awoken warrior moves south.

2590: Our warrior in the south spies what looks to be a land bridge to the south. More exploration is determined necessary. Gold is found in the hills to the west! Warrior produced in Osaka - set to defend. Production set to temple.

2550: Our wise men have discoverd how to make devices out of clay that can be used to hold water! Fascinating! We tell them to look into making beter metals for our warriors. Even more wine is found to the west. This area looks like a good choke point to stop any other civilizations from expanding into our area. It must be controlled soon.

2510: Some deserts found in the west.

2470: Our home city produces a majestic temple. A new band of settlers is ordered to expand our empire.

2430: Mine completed in grasslands in Kyoto, and a new one is ordered. The land bridge to the south reveals more grasslands! An excellent discovery. Vast jungles sighted to the southwest.

2390: Gold spotted in the south, along with more jungle.

2350: Vast jungles to the south. Still no contact with other peoples!!??

2310: A solitary tribe and some jungles full of brightly colored plants is found in the south. We will move to investigate.

2270: Our intrepid explore sights land in the west. It looks as though this land connects to ours north of him. Must be investigated as soon as possible. He, however, moves south in an attempt to contact others.

2230: The Zhou tribe gives us 25 gold pieces. The science rate is boosted to take advantage of our new wealth.

2190: Ho hum.

2150: A road is started to connect our two magnificent cities with the spices located between them. Our newest band of settlers is formed and sent west!!

2110: Deserts found to the S, jungles W. Our settler will try for the area with wines and horses. It's a bit far, but will seal off that choke point so we can fill in the gaps. Wines produce extra food, so we might want to crack the whip here.

2070: Science is set to 80% at a -1 loss... but research time is cut in half!

2030: Our explorer in the south finds yet another band of solitary people, and hills filled with gold and sweet smelling fumes!

1990: Kyoto produces temple - rejoicing! Production set to granary to facilitate future expansion efforts. A temple is produced in Osaka! They will have some culture there now! Another intrepid settler is set for production.

1950: The Aryan tibe gives us a band of warriors. The ocean to the SW of Kyoto now appears to be a vast inland lake! I set our settler to move all the way to where I thought our city should be built.

That's it for me. Next person have fun!

Screenshot:

Attachments

• japan_succgame1.jpg
    japan_succgame1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 216
I APOLOGIZE 1000 TIMES! I thought I had already written a summary but I was wrong. I was having a bad night. I'm soo sorry! If no one takes the game in a few hours I'll pick it up AND have a summary! Jeez.

okay, from here it should be 311, mother russia and then charliehoke, hmmm interesting... if we are on a solitary island then the victory should probaly be culture but i leave it to you guys to decide.

oh, and if 311 doesn't pick up in... oh say 4 and a half hours then mother russia can play next, btw shuld it be a 24 hour limit? (until you get skipped)

1950bc - 311 comes to power bringing music to the masses
1910bc- spent first years goofin around and nothing was done
1870bc- Tokyo founded starting on temple
1830bc- a whole lot of nothing
1790bc- Osaka expands in influence:D
- We found a tribe who shared the alphabet with us!
- Production in Kyoto changed to worker
- Our researchers have discovered the secrets of bronze working
- We start resaearching masonry
1750bc- The beginings of the Tokyo Kyoto highway have begun
- we come in contact with the germans they suck technolocially
1700bc- We find greece to our south (durr wow really) we give them pottery and 30$ for masonry
- We start reseaching iron working
1650bc- Kyoton begins Pryamids
- friendly tribe gives us horseback riding
- we have completed a road to bring us spices "Hooray" shout the people
1625bc - 1575bc - notta
1550bc- our warriors report finding the french
1525bc- nothing
1500bc- settler finished in osaka
- the people in tokyo are beatin and forced to build a temple in my honor
- a tribe gives us a warrior
1475bc - more nothing
1450bc - osaka kyoto highway is done
1425bc - hey guess what more nothing
1400bc- our loud music and antics force a tribe to hiding and we discover a deserted village
1375bc - tokyo's culture expands
1350bc and nothing happens at the end of 311's rule
lots of wine to the east so if your get map making go colonize it, dyes to the south in the jungle beat the greeks to it

We seem to be WAY ahead of everyone on technology - I suggest we suck them dry before they discover them on thier own. Can't wait for my next turn!:goodjob:

Is this game still open? I'd like to play some if there is still a position available. Let me know.

Yes we are still on! Just waiting for an intrepid explorer such as yourself to take on the world! Go ahead!:king:

Ok. Downloaded. Playing now. Well not now, im typing. goodbye. im gonna play. :cool:

Here's the file after 20 turns. Moderate-High Success. Summary soon to come! :)

Top Bottom