New succession game with EDITED RULES.

Pggar

Shikamaru
Succesion Game (PG1)

List of players (accepting one more player)
Pggar
Sixchan
Smiley
Morten Blaabjerg

Configurations:
- Level: Regent
- Civilization: tbd
- World size: tbd
- Land mass and water coverage: tbd
- Temperature: tbd
- Barbarians: tbd
*tdb - to be decided

This succession game will have a set of edited rules. To play it you'll have to download the scenario file (attached in my next post).

Changed Gameplay Rules:
- All hit points have been doubled, which means, for instance, that an elite unit have now 10 hit points instead of 5. I strongly advise that the "animate battle" box be kept unchecked. Otherwise, every battle will take centuries to be finished. Also, when unchecked, the battles in this system are faster than animated battles with normal hit point values.
- All naval units, except from galleys had their movement increased.
Caravel/Privateer: 3 - 4
Frigate/Galleon/: 4 - 5
Ironclad: 4 - 6
Transport/Battleship: 5 - 8
Carrier: 4 - 8
Submarine: 3 - 6
Nuclear Submarine: 4 - 8
Destroyer/AEGIS Cruiser: 5 - 10
- Another cultural level was created, "in love with", that comes right after "in awe of". It's quite improbable that we use it in a regent level (culture rate of 4/1) unless we're all very culture oriented players.
- Raised the forest value in shields to 20.
- Corrected the upgrade problem in which the Japanese (corrected for every civ that suffered from it ), for instance, couldn't upgrade their horseman to knight since their samurais substitute knights. Now they can produce knights.
All these rules can still be tweaked till we start the game, so feel free to suggest any changes.

Succession Rules
- Five (5) players.
- 1st round: 20 turns.
- 2nd/3rd rounds: 15 turns.
- 10 turns from 4th round on.
- After a saved game is uploaded, the person on deck has 24 h to state that he's ready to play. Otherwise, he'll be skipped. The person have a total of 48 h to play the game. Let me know if that's acceptable.
- This is not a rule, but if you won't have time to play or if you want to drop the game, please let us know in advance.

When signing up please let me know what settings and what civilization you prefer to play with, so we can decide them. Put up to 4 civs in your post. We should also consider the holiday season. I'll be computerless from December 22 to 25. Does anybody else have problems with dates?

These are my options for civs:
Zulus
Babylonians
Iroquois
German

When we have enough players (at least 4), I'll start the game in another thread. I intend to begin this game at least until tuesday morning. So let the sign ups begin. One more thing, you don't need to download the scenario file till we start the game, but I'm putting it here for the curious anyway.

Here's the scenario file if you want to check it out for yourself.

EDIT: I'll post the scenario in the game thread.

I'd be interested in this. :) How many turns do each 'reign' last? [sorry -just read the thread one more time]

My personal favourites are India, but any one other than the aztecs will be ok. Germans are pretty OK with me.

What kind of map are we talking about? After the patch my game runs much better, so I guess it is not so much an issue. But prepatched I must say I preferred small maps.

email : crewscut@mail.tdcadsl.dk
AIM handle : mblaabjerg

Please send me a pm or mail when you're ready. I suggest lining up a "timetable" so we can see clearly how many years we are to rule the empire. ;)

I'm thinking:
- German (could be Zulu, India, Rome or China)
- 8 or 10 civis
- Large or huge map
- Continent or Archipelago
- Normal, temperate and 4 billion years.

What do you think? I want to start this game later today. Morten, I see you're still posting from the future. :D

I'm good for a round of succession. I haven't managed to get in a finished game yet, so hopefully this one will turn out well. My vote of the civs picked so far is Babylonians.

Sorry everybody. I should have posted here announcing that the game has already started. Here's the link:
Succesion Game (PG1): The mighty Germans

Cyrai, if you're still interested, I can put on the bench, and if anybody drops the game, you'll be the first to be contacted (by email or pm). Let me know if you're interested.

Top Bottom