1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New to MP

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Multiplayer' started by Mark_Randell, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Mark_Randell

Mark_Randell Chieftain

Hi just wanted to ask, my friend and I are new to civ 5 and we were trying out a MP game, expecting to meet each other on the map,but 70 odd turns later we still haven't met up? is this right do you never meet up or is it that we hadn't explored enough of the map yet?
    Many thanks

2. Karavirs

Karavirs Chieftain

this.

3. Mark_Randell

Mark_Randell Chieftain

Right ok, so we just keep going then? is there a way to start nearer to each other?

thanks for replying :)

4. Foffaren

Foffaren King

Smaller map, or set yourself in the same team and make sure teams spawn together.

5. Mark_Randell

Mark_Randell Chieftain

Sorry for my ignorance but how do you get in the same team? :confused:

6. Karavirs

Karavirs Chieftain

Before game starts, when you choose nation, you can choose difficulty level and team, just make sure that you and your friend picked same team. But keep in mind that teamplay have some differences in gameplay, most significant is that you have joint science. If you don't want to play in one team, better way would be to create smaller map with one continent, Pangaea for example.