New unit class: Religious units

ilker

Chieftain
I really like and admire the new great people and religion system. It is great, it is almost perfect, thank you Firaxis. After playing 3 full days after the release the only thing that anoys me which is not resolved from previous installments is the movement mess because of the occupying units. I totally agree with the military units block movement if you allow them enter your territory, but I dont understand that for the religious units. I believe this movement handicap also well mirrored to the AI, and weakens it.

I suggest that the religious unit should be another unit class so they can occupy tiles with different faction units (including builders and settlers but not other religious units of course) similar to the traders. This will also prevent cheesing by using religious units to block AI settlers or army movement in peace to weaken them. What do you guys think?

I wasnt aware of ideas and suggestions forum category, how can I move the thread there?

Yeah I agree. Religious AIs seem to be extremely fond of spamming Missionaries to spread their religion, and the carpets just get in the way of your Builders. An extra layer for Religious units, as there is for Trade units already, would solve this problem.

Top Bottom