• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

New Unit: Galloglass

Originally posted by sween32
kal-el, berserks replace the longbowman. or do they replace both?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ordinary game! Does the Berserker really replace the longbowman? That is so funny, i guess it just shows I have never played a single game of Vanilla PtW. :crazyeye:

I'm telling you people, he's got Teutonic Knight written all over him!

mrtn, nope but i will.

kal-el, you need to get out more ;)

stone, well yeah i would probably suggest that for others. but as far as the scenario i'm working on, i'm trying to get as many flavor units as possible in it. and jimmyh's teutonic knight is the teutonic knight, and this can go elsewhere.

Perfect unit.

Sween is right. There is no need for other teutonic knight.
Jimmyh's unit are good enough.

I'm already using this unit for Scandinavia, paralel to the teutonic knight's (lower defense power, but i use diferent numbers in my game, so i have more "space" to work diferences).

The berzerker is a assault unit, in my game i put in it "amphibius" hability. And others civs don't have a unit like.
I like the diferences between civs, so i don't matter with the "equal distribution", so to the ones who are in agree with me that's an idea.

To work on diferences i have "multiply" x4 all defense and attack numbers in my game.

The Warrior became a=3 d=4
The warrior with black skin a=4 d=3
The woad raider a=5 d=4
The euro spear a=3 d=6
Reg spear a=4 d=8
Spartan Hoplite a=5 d=12
Sacred Band a=8 d=10
Gallic Sword a=12 d=4
Reg sword a=11 d=8
Legionary a=13 d=10

I put these only to show how works.
To me this system had solve all problems...
I use almost all units well design that are avaible here.

Any questions, just ask.

That sounds like a good idea... multiplying the stats. But won't that mess with the bombard numbers... and then if you increase those to match doesn't it make the bombard really deadly when attacking roads and buildings? Is there any way to increase the 'hitpoints' of the buildings?

Originally posted by Civanator
Head held high, knees rise high, back is straight, and the arms, they make the squired defianately look like he's struttin away. Also the way his head moves when he turns and walks away. :lol: :rotfl: :lol:. Nice work Kinboat.

He's definitely proud of his job. :)

I requested this thinking that nobody would take it up, mostly because it is a very exclusive/regional unit.
I added a link to the request about the Galloglass, hoping it would inspire one of the unit creators.
Kinboat obvously read it, and is spot on in capturing the spirit of the galloglass in his animations.
The death flic is the best.:goodjob:

His uniform is pretty nutral, i think you could incorporate him into any northern or western european civ.

Anyway, thanks again kinboat, big talent there.:thumbsup:

Thank you Kal-el!

Kinboat using the "multiply" x4 in these numbers, present for Kal-el, you will give "equilibrium" (i think balance s the word in english) to your mod.
This higher numbers give you more "space" to create sensibles diferences between units. It's much more fun, because the units that were invencible at their time could be much better than others and don't reach the next "evolution" numbers!
So, the game becomes more realistic.

Goodness sake Kal-el etc, simply have the Celts with two units that replace the Celtic Man-at-Arms ;)

I am going to work on an oriental versian of this for the foot Samurai they were known to travle with a retainer (Aka Squire also) who typicaly held thier sheath for them.

Personally, I added him as a "Retainer" comes with Feudalism, and general defensive single unit.

Of course, I seriously changed the existing units, and made certain units into those awesome "Munits." So, well, moving Pikemen up a tech or two (since they came into use after heavy calvary - knights), and made it a formation unit, costing resources and a population unit, but getting higher stats and HP (because of their numbers), I figured a "single" unit was in order around the start of the Middle Ages. This unit fits like a glove.

I have it so all civs can use it, because, well, I think it looks generic enough that it can pass for being eastern as well.

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks stunning, and is probably my favorite custom made unit ever - unless someone makes one of a mp40-toting kraut sturmtruppen (but lol, for the moment I'm using Kinboat's "modern soldier" for that slot for the time being!) :p

On a side note, has anyone ever played Medieval: Total War? One thing I love to do, is be the Danish, to make Vikings, then conquer Scotland and Ireland. Then, pump out Highlanders, Kerns, and Gallowglasses, then combine them with my Vikings, make an entire army of Nordic-Celtic fury to unleash on squabbling Catholic factions or the "disciplined" Islamic Empires! :p

very nice unit thanks

This is a great unit. Keep up the good work.
BTW: I like it the way it is.

Top Bottom