New Wonder: Rembrandt's Nightwatch

AK47

Retired Wonder Architect
I made this one on request for Durfal. It was a bit of a challenge, to make a wonder out of a famous painting. Not sure what to think of the result. Hope you like it.
AK.

This is what the building (?) looks like:

Attachments

• nightwatchlarge.jpg
    nightwatchlarge.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 1,208
By the way, I made 2 more splashes for this. Both are self-portraits by Rembrandt. They are less specific for "the Nightwatch", but maybe they are nicer to look at. Dunno.
AK.

Attachments

• nwsplashes.zip
    79.8 KB · Views: 198
Originally posted by CCJ39
looks nice
I think you're still working on TML3, right? :D

No, not right now. Maybe in Feb-March, I'll do version 3 of TML, but for now, I'lll just make a few wonders. Well, eventually, I'll probably use a lot of them in TML3, true.
;)

Got a question about this.

I remember that for each wonder u need a place in ur City overview. How are u going to add those wonders.....??

This is a question that keeps coming back, but: NOPE.
There is no way that any buildings and/or wonders that anyone has created can be added to the city view. It's part of the hardcore programming of CIV3 that can not be edited by US.

Personally I don't really care for the city view anyway.
AK.
:scan:

Originally posted by AK47
This is a question that keeps coming back, but: NOPE.
There is no way that any buildings and/or wonders that anyone has created can be added to the city view. It's part of the harc/core programming of CIV3 that can not be edited by US.

Personally I don't really care for the city view anyway.
AK.
:scan:

ok thanks m8! I dont care 2 about that stupid city view. But I was wondering If it would crash! But it won't then so I will just pick some nice wonders of urs and add them to my game :)

OK - as there's only 8 downloads so far, I figure something's wrong with it. So shoot...

Would you like it better if I just stick the painting to a wall instead ?

Or is it just the concept, "a painting" that's not funky enough ?

:confused:

After the 'facelift' on the Book of Kells, I thought this one could use a little shadow too.

Image and download .zip on top of the thread have been updated.

Ta!
AK.
:D

I think painting on an easel is natural way to portray a painting wonder. Nice frames too. Great work there, AK47! :goodjob:

A gallerist would say that an object displays itself as an art object only in a space, where art is exhibited, such as in an art museum or art gallery (this is the key to get the conceptual art). I tend to think white walls are dull and alienating and the most importantly will not fit in civ3, so an easel works best.

Huh? What? Ukas is back?

Top Bottom