*New* (Working) Expansive Customizable Deep Chess-like Turnbased Strategy Game

Mooseph

Chieftain
Hello,

I have played civilization for a while, and it has been a large influence alongside Heroes of Might and Magic. I have designed a very expansive chess-like strategy game with many challenging elements for players to master. It is currently being produced solely in written form ( as I am no computer wizard).

The elements that are involved are the interactions between 16 colors, 6 terrain heights, 64 resource types, 5 map layers, many spell and ability effects, and countless items, units, and buildings.

The play-style is reminiscent of an RTS game, where each building takes up its own space on the map, as opposed to the buildings existing within a city tile in civ. Creatures, items, units and buildings consist of any combination of the 64 resources.

The depth comes where every unit created is treated like a main character in an RPG, where stats and the specifics of the unit come into play and greatly impact the role and success of the unit.

It is a 4X game, and the Board is massive. The length of the map is 2,752,512 units in either direction from the corner of the map. A unit takes up the space of one unitˆ2. This game is an attempt at a full scale model of chess where one commands an actual Army the size of a real army, in place of chess pieces.

If any one is interested in reading more about it, it is currently in it’s 5th revision and can be found here.

http://mattthadenforpoetlaureat.blogspot.com/2014/06/pen-and-paper-style-strategy-game.html

I have no idea whether or not a computer can handle this much data, however the concept runs as fast as lightning in my mind.

The game is free to download, it is a few text files and pictures atm ;)

-Mooseph

I don't even.

damn I do not think I have been more puzzled at anything

What.

I love it.

I have no freaking clue what it is, mind. I suspect it may be a new take on performance art.

Top Bottom