News: BOTM02 Pre-game Discussion

colony, I have started the game and can thus not comment. Please remind me in the first spoiler and I will clarify my post :D

Fair enough, looks like I'll be starting the game sooner than I thought in that case:p

This is probably a really dumb question, but ISTR someone once saying you could tell the direction of the equator by where the resource bubbles were pointing, which is in this case to the south (contrary to what the land looks like). Was this ever true in some prior version, or has my memory played tricks on me again?

I note the obvious, that Adventurer's Scout makes the question of "what's up north"? a heck of a lot simpler! ;)

This is probably a really dumb question, but ISTR someone once saying you could tell the direction of the equator by where the resource bubbles were pointing, which is in this case to the south (contrary to what the land looks like). Was this ever true in some prior version, or has my memory played tricks on me again?

It was true in vanilla civ. It's not the case in Warlords or BtS.

I had a quick question about this BOTM. This is the first one I have participated in, and I'm stil a lowly Warlord level player. My question is, is there any point to submitting my final save file after the game is over unless I win the game? I mean I realize that if you don't win the game you can't win the competition, but do people only submit their files if they win or do they like to see how they did against others anyway?

Yeah, submit everything. Unlike HoF, you still get some GOTM points for submitting losing games. I am ranked 160 for XOTM, even though I have only won 10% of the games I have submitted.

Top Bottom