1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Next Eastern Ctiy

Discussion in 'Team SANCTA' started by Memphus, Jun 1, 2009.

?

Where Do We build the next city in the East?

Poll closed Jun 4, 2009.
  1. We want MEAT! GIVE ME PIGS!

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Living on bread is new age man. Wheat please!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. We have to choose? Build them Both before T105!!!!

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  4. Stop building cities...we are at war.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Going clockwise from the triangle the cities get progressively "worse" as cities, but get progressively better as defensive outposts IMO. Not decided which one I want yet though...

2. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

Well it obviously depends on the unit mix that we have defending! But yes, the blue triangle is at least 25% lower on defense. That just means we need to be prepared to defend it properly.

3. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

Red dot, definately. This is not a city for profiting the empire, this an outpost to give us intel on Kaz.

4. Krill

Krill Chieftain

I think I'll have to come down on the side of the red site, for one reason, and one reason only: Culture

To expound the point, we need control over all of the peaks adjacent to the city, so that Kaz doesn't get control of them, and hence LoS over the entire area.

Now, the kaz city we would be bordering already has it's second border pop, so it is probably their holy city, with a decent cultural output. The easiest way to overcome this is to settle closer to them and use the advantage of the free 20 culture per turn (per ring pop) into tiles closer to the city.

Now, my suggestion would be to do this: hook up the pigs asap, and grow to size 2, then work and artist (2 when it hits size 3) in the city. By my calculations it would hit the second border pop (100 culture) by around t130, and so would probably be able to contest the southern peak quite well, and give us a massive advantage on watching for incoming boats. We'd also hold the western peak, which would let us have a peak around the Kaz city as well. That would be massive.

The city would actually be just about profitable IMO, making by t120 around 6 commerce just from trade routes and the city tile, plus the, what, 4 beakers from the artist? It'd still have 6 coastal tiles, 1 ocean tile, and be able to work 2 plains hills and a workshopped plains tile (so 13 hpt) at break even. Combined with the advantage the culture would give us, and I think that would just be the best position we could place it.

5. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

works for me.

I like the way you think!!

6. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

OK...you sold me!

7. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Bump...

Need some names for this city, so post possibles and I'll put up a naming poll in a few days

(Don't forget the tea theme! Doesn't mean it has to be tea plantations though.)

8. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

Lipton! :p

Real suggestions:

Phoenix Mountain, Rooibos, Yerba Mate

9. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

Phoenix Mountain is Awsome

Borat Lookout works too ;)

10. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

No preference