• Iron Working

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the Above

• Abstain

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I definitely don't have a problem trying to get a Majority opinion on techs, but we need to be prepared for run-off polls, so we need to start discussion and polling early.

I also don't want to see the next tech be non-binding and be purely up to the will of the DP. It's important enough that the citizens should make the decision.

Would it be up to the DP or one of our elected officials? Either way there is no rule saying whomever the choice fell to couldn't pick the option with the most votes.

Very true, however, there's no rule saying whomever the choice fell to couldn't pick the option with the least votes either.

If we want a particular tech choosing cycle to be binding and require a majority, I'd suggest two polls.

1. Shall play be suspended until a definitive tech choice is made via majority poll?
Yes
No

2. Poll(s) on tech, requiring a majority or a runoff.

Or we can stick with the plurality method, and give up on trying to play the perfect [civ4] game. Using a plurality and the chaos which results is much closer to RL. ;)

It's looking like Animal Husbandry is going to win, will common sense actual win? That would be a demogame first :p

:joke:

What is a joke, the common sense or demogame first part?

I voted Animal Husbandry myself, so I approve of that.
Common sense winning in the demogame, that should happen slightly more often IMO.

For common sense to win more often some of us will need to do like George and I and hold our votes to get our "concept " of tech direction to win.

Top Bottom