Next turn...

150,000 in 6 cities, F5 $6 -0, Sci 9/8, Writing 1900 BC, NUF has 5 Tech: Alpha Bronze CB CodeLaws Warrior, F11 Mfg=17, FS=4.9, Treas $11. F2 10.Units, 7.Supported 3.None, building 2.Sett 2.Warrior 2.Colossus Treasury=$11.

The following is more or less the will of the people. You all know how autocratic I can be, yet are planning to reelect me! Read on...

In the new Science Poll, Pottery is ahead 4 of 6 votes.

If Science Pottery, Regia Civitas cranks both Whales. Wonder in fewer than 16 turns. Now 2 guards, a None Horse & supported Phx, and RC supports Chariot & Legion elsewhere.

Elysium, Gems Workers reassign to Silk, then Colossus in 58- turns. Grow in 28 turns.

Filler City, rename to Little Nemo, work Forest so Warrior in 2 turns, it marches to RC and puts Elvis back on a Grassland Shield. Start another Settler. Keep working the Forest, I guess...

TFalls to complete its Warrior guard using normal production, will need an entertainer in 2 turns, then begin building a Settler. This city is supporting a Legion which is choking it, until we get Monarchy. So be it, we have larger problems. Don't spend gold here yet, in another few hundred years we can begin $8 IPRB Warrior to accelerate Settler etc. Btw, this TFalls plan is a bit controversial, but...

Dellham Settler bought, will pop and move to River Bend which includes Oasis and Wine, build city named "River Bend" (Probably Reneaux, noone asked to vote on that, it was approved last turn iirc, but we'll poll) Does anyone want the Settler to first build a Road? I don't, they're using canoes, I hear. Dellham to start another Settler. River Bend might as well start making a Phalanx.

Marl Downs, consider $4 or $8 IPRB Warrior to accelerate the Settler.

Legion moves to the River, 2 sq SW of DellHam. Then it is merely a 3 turn march to the River Mouth, and is also near the River Bend where Dellham's people are planning to build Reneaux. In effect, the Legion is ready to garrison 3 cities. Tell them, "Relax. Make camp."

Chariot explores the NE, right?

If you beg to differ, fine tune here, or please consider commenting elsewhere as appropriate.

The will of the people appears to be to research Pottery before Monarchy to get the Hanging Gardens. Unless the vote swings wildly in the Science: Monarchy or Hanging Gardens thread that is how it will stand. The rest of the science research queue shall remain as is.

Not sure when Saturday you're going to move.

Regia Civitas will build the HG ASAP, in 5 turns,
we will switch to Monarchy in the first oedo opportunity after its discovery,
the Little Nemo Warrior will disband into the Colossus of Elysium, and
Dellham will take over support of TFalls' Legion. THIS IS CRUCIAL.
A Settler must go found 2Whales, called Civvium, see poll re extending one Road.

Three immediate things are very clear. Rehome the TFalls Legion, support it at Dellham.
Move the Warrior into Elysium. On the same turn, disband it, giving 5 shields to the Colossus, and extra production for the next 3 turns for the Settler Little Nemo is building. Little Nemo growth in 3 turns - THEN NEED ENTERTAINER FOR 2 TURNS, Settler in ~ 12 turns.
Little Nemo Settler Project: IPRB $4 Warrior=10 and $4 or $8 Phalanx=20 to accelerate.

TFalls settler in 3? turns. Move SE 1 along Starlifter's Coastal Highway and Charge. Then East to Grassland Shield. Then Road. Upon completion, proceed to 2Whales and found Civvium, start a Phalanx.

In five Turns, Hanging Gardens. Reconsider all Entertainers. Start a Diplomat.

In the Multi-Poll Settlers, here's what we've got:
Move Settler N on road, Charge, next turn, due North, Road, then bee line to M2 and found. People have mentioned they prefer M1 at the North River Mouth, but none of them have voted here. Civ1, if you do decide to build M1 first, don't build any roads.

TFalls to build the Settler, then extend one road to GrassLand Shield, then dash to 2Whales Civvium. Start a unit, Settler or Phalanx is unclear. I prefer a Settler.

MonkE's plan to accelerate into Monarchy is a clear winner. It's tricky, look at the plan in the original Domestic Multi-Poll. (use several Browser Windows)

The Dip has taken the build Q for RC. But then, start a Wonder. So HG, then Dip, then another Wonder if you get that far.

IPRB $4 in Little Nemo, to move that Settler construction along.

We will proclaim you, KING CIV1, the first of our Monarchy!

Although the vote has been very close, at the moment (12:40 Pacific Coast USA) keeping Philosophy as our primary research goal has a two vote lead. Civ1-addict, please check the Science 1400BC thread before you begin play to confirm the status of that poll, has it has been very tight. I'll likely not be back here until Monday.

Top Bottom