1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Next War Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 BTS - Official Mods & Scenarios' started by griderjn, Jan 18, 2008.

1. griderjn

griderjn Chieftain

the next war mod does not have the regenerate map option on the initial turn of game play, not a big deal, just an observation... this is a tool i had grown accustomed to in the regular game.

2. roidesfoux

roidesfoux Warlord

Hmmmm. I'm a big fan of regenerating my start, and I think I'm going to be a big fan of the Next War mod (I just got BtS yesterday). Is there a quick way to fix this? Or barring that, a slow, hard way?

-RdF

3. Hunter Noventa

Hunter Noventa Overlord

The slow hard way as it stands would be to quit to the main menu and start again. Which is a pain if you're a fan of setting up custom games.

4. jkp1187

jkp1187 Unindicted Co-Conspirator

Try using my NextWar mod. Map regeneration is possible using it.

The problem with NextWar as it came out of the box is that it appears to have used an earlier version of the BtS python code (and XML values), and so some things added later may have been inadvertently left out. The mod I created addresses many of these issues, and also tweaks a few of the rules (especially the space race rules, which just don't work correctly if the mod is left as-is -- it's possible to launch the space ship before the players get to the NextWar technologies.)

5. J-man

J-man Deity

Hi jkp, I tried downloading your mod because I think I really like it but the file is missing or something.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7690

When I click on download it just brings me to the main filefront site (I think Filefront is shutting down tomorrow.)

6. jkp1187

jkp1187 Unindicted Co-Conspirator

J-man,

If you have 3.17, the 'official' Next War mod there has incorporated all of the fixes (and some of the flavors) from the mod linked to in my sig file. I think it was wiped form FileFront, unfortunately, when I wasn't paying attention.