No Resources in cities when pre-made WorldBuilder scenario

Blakil

Chieftain
Hello everybody. I decided to restore the Mars Colonization scenario, but get a problem. Pre-created cities in WorldBuilder do not accept resources, and pre-created roads with improvements are not accepted by new cities. Just empty space in resources tab in city. Only new cities and new roads with resources/improvments work. Why so, how can it be fixed?

It seems that the problem is that during normal game moves and loading the save, something is not loaded that reinitializes the available resources and paths to them. The city does not even perceive the resource on which it is located, lol.

P.S. There will be two versions of the scenario, one from the start (without starting cities and improvements), the other is more developed, with cities. Unique names of cities, leaders and civilizations (but based on normal ones) will be included.
Scenario file:

Attachments

• MarsAdvancedStart.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    662.6 KB · Views: 11
  • screen1.png
    screen1.png
    7 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
That seems really strange. I have never had a problem adding resources to cities in WorldBuilder. I do that all the time when I test changes. It even works for crafted resources that don't have an improvement tied to them (like Paper).

You could also try editing the WorldBuilder files in a text editor. Insert BonusType=BONUS_XXX immediately after the x=##, y=## coordinate line and see what that does.

That seems really strange. I have never had a problem adding resources to cities in WorldBuilder. I do that all the time when I test changes. It even works for crafted resources that don't have an improvement tied to them (like Paper).

You could also try editing the WorldBuilder files in a text editor. Insert BonusType=BONUS_XXX immediately after the x=##, y=## coordinate line and see what that does.
Point was that cities themself fail to connect to trade network, likely because of some artifacts from old version or lack of certain properties required by current one.

Top Bottom