Nominations for Domestic Leader - Term 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaitan

der Besucher
These are the duties and powers of all councilmembers:

Post polls and discussions to determine citizen desires for departmental policies, plans and agendas.
Cast a tie-breaking vote in the polls determining their departmental policies, plans and agendas.
Formulate departmental policies, plans and agendas based on citizen feedback.
Formulate departmental policies, plans and agendas of their own in the absence of citizen feedback (forum outage, low participation, etc).
Convey these policies, plans and agendas to the President for play in the game.
Call Legislative and Override Council Votes.
Vote in Council Votes of all types

These are the duties assigned to the domestic leader:

Organize decisions about settler placement.
Organize decisions about wonder building.
Organize the science/tax/luxury rate.
Organize departmental and provincial budgets.
Governor of cities that do not have a provincial governor.
Call a Mobilization Council Vote to determine if the economy should be mobilized.
Organize mapping of Provincial Borders

Please Accept or Decline any nominations you receive.

I would like to nominate Cyc, Chieftess & FortyJ

I would like to nominate myself for Domestic Leader. I will not accept until seconded.

My goals for Term 6 would be to:

-prepare for and gracefully enter Democracy

-increase our work(er)force

-prepare all cities for the advent of hospitals - in other words, as many cities at size 12 as possible.

-allow growth of our military while not losing focus of domestic goals, and vice versa.

-put rails across our country.

-set at least 3 goals(improvements, optimization, worker actions) for each city and have them posted on my front door(1st post of Domestic thread) to monitor progress.

All of these goals can be achieved within a reasonable time frame. Governors should know that should I be elected, I would use the Fanatikan Grand Senate and their provincial threads as forums to lead discussion and realization of these ideas.

And a 3rd for Mr Zoi. I'd have nominated you myself if I'd known you were interested in the job :goodjob:

I nth all. I could never get a complete month with this job.

I nominate donsig.

Ill third DZ

I'll third Fionn, and fourth DZ

I would like to throw my hat into the ring, if I get support.

guys i hope you are considering other positions as well. since we have been having trouble filling them. Not that i dont mind the competition ;)

I am already trying for a gov position. Besides I haven't been in Domestic Office for awhile. I am having withdrawals.

I would lie to endorse everyone who is applying for this position. I have a feeling this will definitely be the election to watch this coming term :)

After much debate and recent poll that surfaced from my competition i will Accept my nomination. I shall try to provide a balance between those that want war and those that want a build process.

I will be a servant to the people. If the people want something, they got it. I will try to balance the military and improvements like Fionn. Any mayor or governer that has a problem may come to me, and I will give them help. I will check and make sure the build queues are sufficiant. I will nag the govs into giving me queues as well. Vote for the people's servant. Vote for Zarn, the Jedi.

How does that poll reflect the fact that I want war, Fionn? Click on the poll and the ensuing discussion to see if I am advocating war. Then direct your eyes to the Citizen's thread where I give reasons to not attack Babylon's mainland. Finally, check out post #3 in this very thread, where I pledge to hold myself accountable to the people by monitoring my own progress(or lack thereof) should I win this position.

Some little-known facts about me:

-I want our war with Babylon to be our last one for awhile.
-I want progress at any reasonable cost.
-I check the Citizen's Forum daily.
-I find that complaining without offering alternatives gets nothing done.
-I offer very thorough scenarios for discussion(ok, everyone knows that one...)

The coming term is going to be crucial for us domestically, to the point that the citizens will demand to see more than just a new science/luxury slider in the Domestic thread every other turnchat. With me, you at least know that I will be putting new ideas out there for the public to discuss, no matter how far-fetched they may seem.

So what your saying is my posting the budget isnt important? And who says i do not do these things you have listed. Just because i do not propose ideas does not make me a bad domestic leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom