Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I now hereby nominate germanos for Science Advisor. :)

Go ahead and accept, germanos. The worst case - even if you don't win - is that you'll be Deputy Science Minister and can work alongside duke to ensure the proper governmental techs are studied...

Or he can work as YOUR Deputy!!

And a note to everyone: If you would like a position NOMINATE YOURSELF. There should be no hesitation if you think you'd be good at a postion, we all may not know each other from the boards and not realize where your talents lie. We should then start a campaigning thread where each candidate explains his views and goals.

Another reason why you should "throw your hats into the ring" - even if you THINK you may not win - is that we need deputies as people are prone to vacations and work trips and the like. Having served as Deputy also puts you in good stead for future cabinet spots and governorships!!

And heck, it's just plain more fun to have more candidates and actually have elections. :goodjob:

Well, I was planning to wait out the first turn and see how things go before commiting yada yada yada, but what the hell! :D

Now, all I need is a campaign slogan...

--EDIT--

Oh yeah, now I remember why I didn't self-nominate. I'm on my hols (to sunny Costa Brava :)) from the 26th through 8th, so would miss the first week or so (i.e. the most important week).

That's the spirit, Mordiem!!!

How about "you'll get more with mordhiem"
Or "We'll grow in no time with mordhiem"
Or "Don't be afraid of what my name means in German, I'm a good guy"

yes Yes YES .... I have been nominated!

(Hmmm....I hope I will have enough time on my hands....maybe e few PBEM's should be put on hold.....they all seem to die slowly anyway....)

Okiedokie:how about this:
"Get your own Republic with Germanos!"

"Germanos: the torch of Knowledge burns his hands (ouch!)"

or using my favorite Einstein quote:
"I have no special talents. I'm just passionately curious"

Mordhiem appears on the an Fanatica TV Domestic Advisor Election Special

*Mordhiem enters stage right*
*Applause and cheering*
*Someone does that annoying "whoop!" thing*
*Applause and chhering ceases*

*Mordhiem speaks*

"Vote for Mordhiem, we've all done something stupid."

"Vote for Mordhiem, it's easier than thinking."

*some cheers, mostly boos*

*Mordhiem exit stage left (avoiding the tomatoes)*

I will nominate myself for domestic advisor and Military Advisor. Both in the hopes to only be the deputy for them.

Ren: I had edited the post only after getting a PM from civ1-addict about him accepting his position, and because it was a 'quick' update, I didn't have time to read any of the other posts. Don't worry.... I still want you in the game. ;)

I'd like to nominate myself for Military Advisor, seems like a good place to start here! :)

Originally posted by Kev
Well, it would seem that my post of a few days ago "didn't take".

In that post, I requested a one-term hiatus from government duty as I was a bit burned out. I would love to see someone new jump in and take up a position, and with this in mind, I'll make two nominations:

1. Mordhiem for the position of Domestic Advisor
2. bigfatron for the position of Domestic Advisor

:egypt:
Ahem.

I am delighted - no, honoured - to accept your nomination as Domestic Advisor to this glorious 10,000 strong empire. I will strive for the betterment of my fellow fanatics in all things and, should you choose to repose this trust in my humble self, will devote my days to the wealth and wheal of this mighty commonwealth of citizens.

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.....
:D

Note:
Donations in money, services, favours, share tips or otherwise, including arranged liasons with showgirls, lap-dancers, B-list actresses and other women of elastic morality should all be referred to my election agent. Receipts will not be issued.;)

Unless Duke wants to do it, I'll volunteer for election official. In fact, maybe starlifter could do it as he doesn't seem to have volunteered for a position and has said he'd prefer a backseat role for the first term of government.
If you'd like to starlifter then just post here!
If I do the elections then I shall take the candidates we have at midday on Friday (GMT) and make the appropriate polls, to be closed after the weekend. We have three people for the posts of domestic and military advisors and two for the science advisor, but at the moment only one person has cast their hat into the ring for President and foreign advisor. I'd have thought that the office of exploration and hut-popping would be more popular, but apparently not so far. Maybe we'll get a late rush on this one. :D
There are two of us going for science, but we both seem to have the idea of monarchy asap, although afterwards our paths may wander. For example, I'd be very tempted to go for mapmaking quite soon in this game as I've got the feeling Smash will put us in an isolated place to start off with, especially as we've specified islands and continents for the map. I've got a feeling we'll have an island to ourselves. Still, only the efforts of the foreign ministry will confirm this for us. :)

Originally posted by kmad
i nominate kmad

Hmmm....

I'll nominate kmad for the position of Foreign Advisor - which in the early stages will be more along the lines of exploration manager. If there was something else you wanted to run for, kmad, feel free to do so (you may even decide NOT to accept this nomination and go for something else entirely)

I'd love to nominate Starlifer for something as well, but if he's looking to take it easy the first term (such as poor, tired Kev who has now taken to referring to himself in the third person for some reason) I'll respect that.

I am so glad that there are so many people looking to be involved!

I'm going to start a "Campaigning Thread" so all nominees can give their speeches and espouse their views on the postion for which they are running. Check it out, but don't post there unless you are a nominee!

duke: Thanks for taking over the election duties - or thanks to starlifter if he decides to take it up!

Well, since we now have two people for the Domestic Advisor and Military Advisor positions, I'm going to now decline my previous self-nominations and self-nominate myeslf for President and Foreign Advisor. Again, both in hopes to be the deputy of the positions.

Isn't it wonderful how quickly things change in politics? ;)

Going for pres, eh? Oh your not...So if someone specifically says they want to be a deputy does that mean that we don't have a poll since it would be a waste of time. Btw Kev has started a thread for campain talk.

Unless Duke wants to do it, I'll volunteer for election official. In fact, maybe starlifter could do it as he doesn't seem to have volunteered for a position and has said he'd prefer a backseat role for the first term of government.
If you'd like to starlifter then just post here!
No, I'm not going to run for a position. I'll play the role of John Q. Citizen (just allocate me my two grains of food per turn!!).

Basically, I'll help and plan to post prolifically at times, depending on my real life schedule. And probably some screenies, too. Plus, I don't want any postion, as long as there is any person, even a newbie, that might be willing to jump in. Sometimes, it can be "repressive" to a game (from a newcomer's point of view) if well known players seem to have the offices.... which can discourage participation by newer players, too. So I'm going to remain a cheerleader-at-large ;).

Also, one of my main goals is to see people have a good time and learn more about Civ 2, and also help people become better players.... particularly the people who are shy about trying tough levels like Diety.

About the Elections, Duke o York has the bull by the horns there :), so he should go with it. Nice job, Duke o York/

Good luck to all nominees, and remember that there will be many elections in the future, even if you don't get a position in the first term.

:)

Can we *please* run the elections longer than just the weekend? I don't generally check in here over the weekend as I do all my surfing on the T1 line at work :D Actually, if in general ALL polls would include at least one work day it would make me happier (for whatever that's worth :rolleyes: :lol: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom