Non-interventionism?

Darth Tribble

Friendly Neighborhood Conqueror
I am on my first game as Pericles. So far, I have four cities, and I vassalized every city state I have met.

I'm all alone on my landmass, so I focused on building a navy to find the other civs. They are all on one continent.

I made friends with Japan and converted them to my religion (Protestantism), yet none of the other civs like me because I'm the only one without an oligarchy. I also went against Frederick's agenda.

Japan denounced Kongo and Germany DOW'd Kongo, so if I were to denounce Kongo, would that improve my relations with Germany?

England also has the largest military, but I have the backing of several city states and I took a capital, which is why I rank first place in domination.

Another thing I plan to do is place a city on their continent and use it as a launching point for either world conquest or spreading my religion.

Should I get involved in their disputes and try to claim some land on their continent, or should I keep to myself in their wars?

Germany is going to hate you no matter what, don't worry about it, that's what he does. England will probably hate you too for being on a different continent.

If you want the AIs to like you, your best bet is to religiously convert Kongo and hope your faith/culture/military impresses Japan, while hoping that a bit of luck happens and those civs have positive feelings for you. If you involve yourself in their wars though, they'll hate you forever because the warmonger penalty is insanely high, and there's no "at war with a common enemy" bonus. It could be worth it though, taking cities is really rewarding in VI.

Thanks!

So my best move is to spread my religion to Kongo and let that continent fight their own wars?

Idk about settling their continent. I like creating oversea colonies, but I may be better off not settling that continent as I'm sure someone is bound to get angry at me settling their future territory and will try to take it. I only chose their continent because I didn't find any islands at the time and the only one I've found is on the otherside of the world.

Top Bottom