non-tradable advancements tech

Yeah you can make certain techs untradable, but how do you make that clear when playing the game.
It's easy, for the Player, of course, by putting it in the 'Pedia, let alone right there on the Tech Tree, but why would the AI need to "know?" The AI will research whatever it can: all you can do is "constrain" its choices by using Era Zero Techs, or use simple math to "steer" the AI to research certain Techs first. The AI's preferences for what to research next are well known. My (rarely used) trick is to make up a resource - "Unobtainium" - and stick it where it cannot be reached, and weight the AI's choice by 70 points by "offering" up a Defending Unit which requires Unobtainium.

And I think that's all that can really be done.

I also agree with you, to a point, about Map Trading: I only allow it much farther into the game, as I'm not certain if that will make the game too unbalanced for the Player.

As an aside, I also never enable ROPs.

It's easy, for the Player, of course, by putting it in the 'Pedia, let alone right there on the Tech Tree, but why would the AI need to "know?" The AI will research whatever it can: all you can do is "constrain" its choices by using Era Zero Techs, or use simple math to "steer" the AI to research certain Techs first. The AI's preferences for what to research next are well known. My (rarely used) trick is to make up a resource - "Unobtainium" - and stick it where it cannot be reached, and weight the AI's choice by 70 points by "offering" up a Defending Unit which requires Unobtainium.

And I think that's all that can really be done.

I also agree with you, to a point, about Map Trading: I only allow it much farther into the game, as I'm not certain if that will make the game too unbalanced for the Player.

As an aside, I also never enable ROPs.
I am also thinking of putting rop after the medieval age.

I do not use Right of Passage treaties, especially with some of the AI civilizations. I think that I might simply disable that particular item.

Top Bottom