Noob tip!

cvlowe

King
Something I just discovered!! I haven't seen this anywhere but it is definitely useful :)

When you take over a new city they typically start in a revolution phase for several turns. If you send a Thane of Kilimorph, prophet, or any of the other low lever religious units and use the 20 point culture boost- you instantly end the revolution and the city becomes productive!!

All future invading armies will have several of those units from now on :D

It's been spotted before, actually, though noone's mentioned it for a while :)

It might be in the wiki somewhere, I've no idea.

Hmmmm... I wasn't aware of that one. Sounds like an exploit:D But then again I suppose it's really a question of resource priorities. They can after all be used for other things.

I noticed it when I was on a conquering spree as the Order. The disciples that pop up when you conquer cities with Order? Yeah. They're nice for this.

Well, I'll be! Notch one more up for the order.

That's a mechanic with the "great work" ability. In vanilla, if you recall, when you use a great artist, it is supposed to stop rioting. With the addition of all the buildable "great work" units, it becomes MUCH easier in FfH. I think the ability needs to be nerfed or something because it makes prophets/missionaries too strong.

I don't think it is to strong, you get what - 5-9 turns more of production for the sacrifice of a unit which could build a cultural building or one military unit, not to bad but not that good either (it takes some time to make that unit in the first place and with order, well - they are bringing order to the towns they conquer)

I noticed it when I was on a conquering spree as the Order. The disciples that pop up when you conquer cities with Order? Yeah. They're nice for this.

I didn't notice the crusaders having that ability... Hmm have to double check when I get home! I was just setting them as defenders and moving my attack force to the next city!

I don't think the ability is overpowered either, it does take production time from my cities to make them- I have to protect them as they move to position, and using their ability consumes the unit.

I do suggest there should maybe be a sticky thread with useful tips for us new players on the forums! I only found out this ability by accident, I was intending to spread religion to the new city and clicked in the wrong spot.

That's a mechanic with the "great work" ability. In vanilla, if you recall, when you use a great artist, it is supposed to stop rioting. With the addition of all the buildable "great work" units, it becomes MUCH easier in FfH. I think the ability needs to be nerfed or something because it makes prophets/missionaries too strong.

I think it's an awesome little bit of strategy. Not too strong at all, IMHO. Instead of making the city productive, you could wait for the revolution to end and immediately pop the borders, for example.

I didn't notice the crusaders having that ability... Hmm have to double check when I get home! I was just setting them as defenders and moving my attack force to the next city!

The thing about the order is that if the order is your state religion and you "liberate" a city with the order, you get a new unit, which is the best order-unit you have discovered.

But I never use the culture-bomb during a campaign. Those turns with riots just gives you time to push on to the next city to conquer, who often pushes the initial cities borders, making it less productive due to the close cultural borders. You have a better chance of maintaining a fairly high pop if you can conquer the next city before the riots end. The only times i use it to end a riot is to prevent city-flipping after a "normal" riot. In those cases it`s brilliant. You can prevent any city from culture-flipping as long as you have enough tiny culture bombs to spend. Especially useful if you have conquered, say Basium, and when the war has ended, Thessas cities push your new cities on culture, you get a riot, but ends it with a prophet. Brilliant :D

I think it's an awesome little bit of strategy. Not too strong at all, IMHO. Instead of making the city productive, you could wait for the revolution to end and immediately pop the borders, for example.

If you use a prophet as a culture-bomb, the riot ends and you pop the borders. There`s no difference in the amount of culture you receive.

Actually this exploit makes sense to me...The coquered people are revolting...Send them a prophet to cool them down with wonder and awe....sounds realistic from a historical point of veiw on earth even that is the "good will" being a military strategic measure to settle the populace after invasion and occupation....It would be funnier if they revolted and kept complaining "Give us a prophet you bastard!" for several rounds and advisers saying "The people of such and such a place are demanding a prophet."

LOL....I love it.

Top Bottom