North America

You must have not installed the files correctly.

I edited the file so that I have the newer units the beggining of the game, and they all worked for me, and I have 1.22

Here is a screenshot I took of the units.

Please tell me where you put the files for Conquests, they should have all been in one file.
In your Conquests folder it should look like this:

Art
Conquests
------North America (folder)
-------------Art
---------------Units
-----------------(Unit Folders)
----------------------(Unit Files)
-----------------(Units_32 pcx file)
-------------Text
---------------PediaIcons (Text file)

redist
Saves
Scenarios
------North America v1.6 (Biq File)
sounds
TempUndo
Text

Attachments

• NorthAmericaUnits.jpg
    NorthAmericaUnits.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 177
Anyone else tried the scenario successfully.

I uninstalled and redownloaded and reapplied the C3C v1.22 full patch
Would it matter if I have the game installed on Drive G: instead of drive C: - I have
copied alot of the conquests folders to drive C: in case of references but I still get a fatal crash when looking at units in Civilopedia - I notice that there maybe a typo in pediaicons.txt
#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Power_armor
Power Armor

When and where do you get this error?

before game,
when game starts,
after game has started and units are avalible,
while tring to view the Entries of the unit

you have to be more specific, bacause I can't get my Scenario to cause an error.
I have seen this typo, but it seems to have no effect on my game.
Power Armor

I first got the error during the game when apparently trying to display the Giant Spider unit - I got a message something like unable to find file/text (don't remember which) in #ANIMNAME_PRTO_Giant_Spider
like it couldn't find the unit animation files - then I noticed that some of the blank lines have a space before the carriage return in the Giant Spider.ini which is something that Conquests is supposedly more picky about that normal Civilization 3 (Attack2, Attack3, Fortifyhold) in specific

I ran FLICster and a good random sampling of the animation files seem to work fine so it appeared more of a typo kind of error. I tried to comment out the extra units in pediaicons.txt but that didn't eliminate the error message either.

I notice that advanced jet fighterdeath.flc is misspelled and that the Folder was not First Letter CAPITAL LETTER when unarchived.

Should there be a revised Civilopedia.txt file because you have changed the Tech Tree ? It crashed trying to open Science Advisor

I can't open Units under Civilopedia either during the start of a new game.

I did see some typos in te text file, but for some reason it has not bothered my game.
I looked all my directory and have not found any other unit with the same name as advanced jet fighter (this is how the folder is spelled)
Advanced Jet Fighter (this is how the Unit's ini file is spelled)

Power Armor

But this all works for me.

Barrybeal:
How you copied the folder that is named "North America v1.6"
or the one the is named "North America" to your Conquests directory?

The folder that needs to be there is "North America"

If the computer can't find the Animation files, then I suspect that you have the wrong folder there.
I suspect that you have it like this
Art
Conquests
------North America v1.6 <------- this is wrong
------------North America (folder)
------------------Art
--------------------Units
-----------------------(Unit Folders)
-----------------------------(Unit Files)
-----------------------(Units_32 pcx file)
-------------Text
---------------PediaIcons (Text file)
redist
Saves
Scenarios
------North America v1.6 (Biq File)
sounds
TempUndo
Text

I have used the North America folder name. I was under the impression that Conquest was very picky about unit names - you must have it running in some kind of debug mode. It crashed whether located under Conquests or Conquest\Scenarios These are loaded on Drive G: along with Civilization 3, PTW and Conquests. I have copied the folder to Drive C: under Conquests with no change in the crashing behavior.

Has anyone one else been able to run the game under Conquests and get the special units to display so I know that is something particular to my setup ??

There is a Advanced Jet Fighter Animation file that has the wrong spelling - advanced jet fighterdeath.flc
I thought that the unit folder names had to exactly match the Pediaicons.txt file and the name given the unit in the scenario. I don't know if upper/lower case matters but the folder for advanced jet file is lower case when all the other unit folders are upper case for first letter in each word which matches pediaicons.txt

Also should not the animation directory for Advanced Jet Fighter look like:
#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Advanced_Jet_Fighter
Advanced Jet Fighter

Do you have a pre-Conquests version of this scenario - I would like to try an older version?

Top Bottom