North America

this is the best scenario I've downloaded yet!Great job!

Originally posted by :)civ2
this is the best scenario I've downloaded yet!Great job!
THANKS man I'm really glad you like it.
I have updated it at ED O War's request,hopefully with his help this Scenario will only get better.
Just haven't put it in the readme yet so I haven't posted it yet.
Maybe tomorrow after I get off work.

I played it for a few hours on Sunday. I really like the improvements you implemented. I have a few more minor suggestions, but I don't have time to get into them right now. After work I'll post them for you. Great scenario! :)

Two quick suggestions for things that I think are relatively minor:

1) Enable Riflemen to upgrade to Infantry. When I built riflemen I wasn't able to upgrade them to Infantry later, though I noticed that riflemen disappeared from the build qeue when I was able to build infantry. Maybe you just need to check the box that enables the Upgrade button.

2) Though I like the idea of invisible spiders, the down side is that we never get to actually see the cool spider units in action. I would disable the invisible function for the spiders just so that we can see them crawling across the post apocalyptic wasteland. :)

Again, these aren't urgent things so maybe you can just save them to include in a later version of the scenario, maybe after PTW comes out. All in all, this is a fun scenario. Good work. :)

Originally posted by Ed O'War
Though I like the idea of invisible spiders, the down side is that we never get to actually see the cool spider units in action. I would disable the invisible function for the spiders just so that we can see them crawling across the post apocalyptic wasteland. :)

I see your point, I wanted to make the unit more difficult the fight because if you can't see your opponet you can't beat your opponet. Know what I'm saing?

no problem with the rilfeman.

I have another Scenario in the making, it is almost finished, just have to work out a few bugs in the INI unit files and try to get unit_32 pcx for specific unit: Dragon Dreadnaught, can't remember creator, know where to get one?

Thanks for the Units_32 it will come in handy.
Wonder if you maybe able to help on my unit problem? I want to put a unit called Dragon Dreadnaught in my next Scenario, when I play the game an Error comes up and says it can't read the INI. file.
Every thing seems to be in the correct spots and spelling seems to be correct but I still can't seem to figure it out. might you help me?

Originally posted by sprnv8
Thanks for the Units_32 it will come in handy.
Wonder if you maybe able to help on my unit problem? I want to put a unit called Dragon Dreadnaught in my next Scenario, when I play the game an Error comes up and says it can't read the INI. file.
Every thing seems to be in the correct spots and spelling seems to be correct but I still can't seem to figure it out. might you help me?

I think I have a copy of BlueO's mech-dragon. I'll take a look at it to see if I can get it work (I've never used it before). I'll post here what I find out.

Assuming we're talking about the same unit, I had no problem getting BlueO's Mecha Dragon to work in the game. If you like I can e-mail the unit folder to you (it's about 1.18 MB zipped, no sounds). Hope this helps.

The creator of this Dragon Dreadnaught is I thnk GIDustin.((My mistake BlueO is the creator of the Dragon Dreadnaught))
But if you can I will put that one in there instead the Dragon Dreadnaught. THANKS

There are errors with some of the Units in this version.
I am trying to fix them now.

I have been really busy lately with work and trying to buy a house, so I have some time now and in progress of fixing the known/unknown errors.

Version 1.6 will be here soon. nothing new has been added.

Has any one had any problems with the extra units under Conquests 1.22 or is it just me ? Looking at the unit creation tutorial - I have found some spaces and one tab at the end of lines in the extra unit INI Files that might be related to my crashes. I also find that trying to look at the Units in Civilopodea causes an immediate fatal crash for the program - which is supposedly one of the tests for improper unit files.

Top Bottom