Nuclear war

Humungus

Chieftain
Hello, i have 3 questions about nukes :

1/ Have you ever seen 2 AI players in a mutual nuclear war ? or do they use this form of war only against the human player ?

2/ Have you ever seen a AI player doing a sneak nuke attack against you (while you are in peace) ?

3/ Have you ever seen a AI using a carrier, to launch nukes ?

Thank you

Humungus

1) No; 2) Yes (probably), 3) No.

I've never seen an AI vs. AI nuclear exchange. I've only read accounts of people claiming to having seen one, but they might have been either false or concerning other versions of the game or other civ games altogether.
The AI does first strike nuclear attacks under some circumstances, so it should have no qualms about sneak attacking you with a nuke. I'm pretty sure I've seen this happen, but there's still a small chance I might be wrong.
The AI would most probably be able to launch a nuke from a carrier. The problem is it probably wouldn't be able to load one up. Also, the AI only builds carriers very, very rarely, only by mistake, and it appears it doesn't really know how to use them. Maybe this can be tested through map editing, giving the AI carriers and nukes and seeing what it does with them?

Hello, i have 3 questions about nukes :

1/ Have you ever seen 2 AI players in a mutual nuclear war ? or do they use this form of war only against the human player ?

2/ Have you ever seen a AI player doing a sneak nuke attack against you (while you are in peace) ?

3/ Have you ever seen a AI using a carrier, to launch nukes ?

Thank you

Humungus

I have not seen #1 happen.

#2 happened to me in one game; two of my cities were taken out by an AI civ. I had no idea they were even capable of that, and once I got a bit of a handle on the situation, I grabbed a couple of Aztec cities and discovered they were thisclose from completing nukes. I did prevail, but it was expensive to both protect myself and deal with the pollution.

I have not seen #3 happen.

Top Bottom