1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

OCC advice needed.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Patricko, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Colonel Mustard

Colonel Mustard Condiment Pirate Mouse

I only bulb twice - Philosophy and Education. I settle all the others.

2. BurN

BurN Prince

@Mathias

I always played my OCC games with chopping. I understand that preserving is strictly better `once` you get biology. But imho the difference is pretty small, to the point that it becomes irrelevant. In which case I prefer the early boost.

I should mention though that I reroll untill I have marble or stone somewhere. I have some deity wins on pang map but I find that it`s just luck in the end. :lol: But if you can manage a diplo situation where you are pulling the strings.. it`s usually gg.

I think the most dangerous winning condition from the AI is culture, so I think it`s good to build all the elec/radio/MM wonders and the techs are good trade bait.

3. Si_Lurker

Si_Lurker Warlord

Depends whether you go space race or conquest, which you must decide from point one. I usually play always peace and no tech trading if I go space and leave always peace if conquest.

Here are few tips for conquest:
    build order:
    - 2 workers, warrior (if scout start), workboats, library, neccessary wonders (pyrs and gl are useful to get to good military faster, zeus)
    - barracks, forge, granary, theatre, globe, university, oxford, market, grocer, bank (last three are not mandatory at start)

When your city has nothing to build build warriors, axes/swords, maces and catapults.

You can go on conquest with maces, grenadiers or riflemen. By this time you should have built 20 units and 5-10 catapults. Build marketplace, go 0 research and upgrade a few units (enough to take first city). Key is to be 1 era ahead in tech from AI.

Declare war on nearby target, raze first border cities - this should bring enough cash to further upgrade other units. Then go for their capital. Then you should hit the most advanced/dangerous civ first and take out their best cities first. Once you have enough units to have two stacks you can declare 2 wars at once.

Key is to get to necessary military techs fastest and then go on massive war.

If you can make offensive unit in 1 turn, it's better to run representation instead of police state as you will negate war weariness with globe. Also this will boost research of settled scientists, which should be researching towards industrialism.

Your stack should consist of 10-20 maces/grenadiers/riflemen/infantry and 5-10 catapults/trebs/cannons. You take defenses down in 1 turn, sacrifice 1-2 catapults and raze city. Speed is key, no time to bombard for several turns. I usually settle first general and then create 2 super healer scouts.