1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

OCC resources

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Yaver, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Yaver

Yaver Chieftain

First thread

So I'm planning to take on the OCC as Ethiopia. I'm wondering what resource setting would be best for taking it on. Which is best for the OCC; "Abundant", "Legendary Start", or "Strategic Balance"?

For my own experiences and what I've learned from other threads.

Abundant means that Resources of all kinds are generally plentiful and Strategic Resources have more per tile than usual. That said, I've had plenty of cases where I have a small empire under abundant and wind up resource starved. Just recently I did a game as Korea on Prince and a huge map with 22 total civs and max city states on abundant. I was able to get 4 cities down and the end result: no horses, 9 iron from 1 source, no coal, no oil, 3 Aluminum, and 4 Uranium, while other civs with less cities had more resources.

According to various threads, Legendary Start means that the player will have a bunch of resources where they initially spawn, but resources in the greater world are rather sparse. This looks the most promising.

According to various threads, strategic balance means everyone will be able to have a little bit of everything or am I wrong on that?

What's ya'll's advice?