• FortyJ's Proposal

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Cheiftess's Proposal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
donsig- at the time of the making of the poll, the strictly geographic by 40j was not a winner. It was tied with CT. as domestic head, i broke the tie and put cts in instead. Even 40 himself stated he wanted to see cts in the poll against his. since that poll had no end date, it can still be voted on. Howeverm these two choices were the peoples will at the time of the quick poll.
that is all

BTW, I would think that since this poll was not posted by domestic department leadership then it is invalid just as the one by FortyJ was. If all it takes is a rubber stamp by the domestic leader then FortyJ's poll should be so validated rather than this one. FortyJ's poll, which I think is still open, is just one vote shy of quorum. :king:

Actually, I disagree with the concept that only officials can post official polls. I think the poll just has to meet the requirements of an official poll.

The other poll was invalid because it didn't have those things. I am happy to use either one....I was trying to help this one through by pointing out what is missing.

Here are the appropriate laws.

Section F Forum Poll Procedures
Point 1 A poll is not valid unless a quorum of participation has been reached.
Point 2 All polls should have the following information:
a Poll type in the header and first post.
b Poll start and end dates/times in the first post.
(1) End dates/times can be conditional. (Example: poll ends at the beginning of the next chat turn)
c Link to relevant discussion threads in the first post.
d Inclusion of an “Abstain” option.
Point 3 Official polls
a Quorum level is 1/2 of the census.
b Poll should proceed as follows:
(1) Discussion thread, up for 24 hours minimum (48 hours plus is preferred). Then,
(2) Proposed poll, up for 24 hours minimum. Then,
(3) Poll posted with link from discussion thread.
(4) Poll duration is a minimum of 24 hours (48 hours plus is preferred).
(a) If the poll runs into the weekend it is advised that the duration be extended by 24 hours for each weekend day. Forum participation is much lower on the weekends.
(5) Link to the poll in the Poll Registry and/or Department Thread (if appropriate).

EDIT: Removed whiny comment from me. I apologize to those who saw it....I just think that taking a moment to actually follow the simple laws in place would be a hell of a lot easier that the mess we keep falling into with this poll.

Bill

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
donsig- at the time of the making of the poll, the strictly geographic by 40j was not a winner. It was tied with CT. as domestic head, i broke the tie and put cts in instead. Even 40 himself stated he wanted to see cts in the poll against his. since that poll had no end date, it can still be voted on. Howeverm these two choices were the peoples will at the time of the quick poll.
that is all

No PB, these two were the choice of you and FortyJ as you stated above. An invalid poll should not result in a run off poll. As for the tie, the current vote is 8/6/4. :king:

that is all

In the poll I am looking at, FortyJ's, CT was not tied for second. Strictly Geo by Forty was ahead by two votes.

So rather than rant on, let me post what I think should have happened....

The poll, preferably posted by SaaM, (not because it is required, but because he is the Department Head responsible), should have been posted in the discussion thread for 24 hours.

A valid poll (with the cool maps you guys produce) would be:

==================
Title: Official Poll: What Shall Fanatika's Provincial Borders Be?

Small Provinces by Stuck_As_a_Mac
Capitol Access by disorganizer
Strictly Geographic by FortyJ
Capitol Province by FortyJ
Nordic Gem Mountains by Chieftess
Abstain

Note that Province names provided in these examples are strictly for discussion purposes and the official naming of provinces will be conducted within the laws.

The relevant discussion for this proposal is here: (insert thread URL)

This poll will remain open for 48 hours, or until quorum is reached.
======================

That's it...post it in the thread for 24 hours, then post the poll and leave it open ended for ending...once it reaches quorum, you ask the Mod to close it.

Then you are done.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Well, now that we're all good an angry what do we do? It's a mixed up mess to say the least. I think FortyJ's poll was excellent. Our Chief Justice even gave it the thumbs up at first. I must now agree with Bill though that the poll is not up to standards. I must also agree with Cyc (and disagree with Bill) that the poll would not have been binding anyway since it was not posted by the domestic department. (IMO, yes, citizens can post polls but that doesn't necessarily make them binding.)

I don't know the way out of the mire and I'm close to losing all interest in provinces for now but I'd still like to see an official, valid version of FortyJ's poll.

Originally posted by disorganizer
And i hope this will be the last time i had to vote for it ;-)
BtW:
SaaM and Forty, do some ADVERTISING! Even if the mods kick the post out of the RPG anouncement thread, it would be a good place to recide, even if only short. Anyways a good place is the bulletin board at the rpg :)
Or just mention it at the pub often enough :)
No, do not post in the RPG Announcements thread unless you have an announcement that is both solely appropriate to the RPG and so vitally important that it must go to all RPG'ers AND you are a moderator or RPG Manager. That thread has been heavily abused so will now be shut down tight for all except its original purpose.

Just saw your post Bill_in_PDX. It will lead us out of the mire. Bill_in_PDX for :king:!

I hate defining borders.:p

and the reason I hate defining borders is because the polls are so difficult to formulate correctly. I hope the judiciary will continue to show leadership in this process.:)

yes, i know. but as stated....
yeesh. bill, can i just get the ruling i asked for beofre you force me to start quoting Opus?

Now that is a funny line...I salute you.

Please do note my suggested poll above. Simply cut and paste in the URL for the discussion. Post it in your thread for 24 hours, and then post the poll.

Quick and clean.

Bill

Originally posted by donsig
Bill_in_PDX for :king:!

Oh Gawd no!

I could never make the turn chat, and to have a king, wouldn't we need to study Monar........never mind! :D

Originally posted by donsig
I must also agree with Cyc (and disagree with Bill) that the poll would not have been binding anyway since it was not posted by the domestic department. (IMO, yes, citizens can post polls but that doesn't necessarily make them binding.)

This is actually an excellent topic for Judicial Review, but rather than force my view through, I shall wait until we get a certain agitator confirmed as JA Pro Tem...

Top Bottom